Ideas for BellaRoo
[-]
  •
08-22-2013, 12:07 PM,
Ideas for BellaRoo
So I was thinking of having the PP stone in BellaRoo re-done to rose gold milgrain instead of claw prongs??

What do you all think???

The rest would stay the same.

I dont even know if this can be done.

Then..when I get my dream band someday....

milgrain eternity band.....I was thinking of getting it in rose gold.

So BellaRoo could go with white gold or rose gold.

So here are my questions

1) What do you think of milgrain rose gold around BellaRoos center stone?

2) What do you think about getting a rose gold instead of a white gold eternity milgrain band to go with her??

3) And lastly...for the life of me...I cannot decide to get 3mm stones or 3.5mm stones for the eternity band!!

I want it as a wear alone band,..but it would be nice to be able to wear it with BellaRoo!!

Would 3.5mm stones be too overwhelming for BellaRoo??

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Thanks girls!!!

PS: oh ya!! It would be nice to have my wedding set tied in with rose gold as I will always wear my rose gold kanga ring on my right hand.

The End

Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
08-22-2013, 12:50 PM,
RE: Ideas for BellaRoo
I am really sensitive to colors that flow together vs. colors that clash. Having seen your Peachy Pink and rose gold both with my own eyes, I have to say that I think they clash. Hide

There's a reason I led with the statement that I am sensitive to this... others may not see a clash between the two. But for me, the PP resides in the cool spectrum, while rose gold resides in the warm spectrum because it has coppery undertones (even if it doesn't look like copper per say). I think the new Barely Pink stones look great in rose gold, but they have champagne undertones and are decidedly warmer overall than PP.

Also, I think your BellaRoo is so perfect just as it is. I worry that adding another metal will make it busy. I also know how feminine you are with your style, and I worry that adding a bezel will take away from the delicateness you have now, and that it won't be as "you". I hide again... Hide

Everything I just said, you probably don't want to hear, do you? I'm sorry, kanga!! I really do think this ring is perfection for you as it is. That doesn't mean I'm right, it just means that's my viewpoint.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
08-22-2013, 12:54 PM,
I would keep the claw prongs. I'm no jeweler, but I think it might compromise your basket to add the bezel.

and I'm into 2-tone... so I would just get the RG band. I think the pink stone ties it in.

and 3.5mm might overwhelm. I'd stick to 3mm.

[-]
  •
08-22-2013, 12:58 PM,
But wait... who has the new-ish ring that is a PP stone in a rose gold bezel solitaire? Is it Munster Cat? That one goes together nicely! But I think it's because it is a very simple and somewhat substantial setting. No side stones, no second metal, just simplicity. So that keeps it from being too much cool and too much warm to clash with one another.

It's the principal of color blocking --- If your bedroom is decorated in warm colors and you put a couple of large and solid pillows on the bed that are a cool color, they look great as an accent that pops... but if you have a warm bedroom and you put a print/pattern of cool colors on the bedspread, it just doesn't go together. Does that make sense?

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
08-22-2013, 01:07 PM,
I'm not sure of it can be done either, from a jewellers prospective...but as for colour-maybe if you played around with the RG (like JC does), you could get the right colour? Though..I though of PP as warmer undertones? Interesting! I like the idea of a rose gold migrain band to go with the rose gold migrain bezel, though! Of course, I do love those claw prongs. Gah...I'm of no help! Lol

[-]
  •
08-22-2013, 01:24 PM,
I don't really love PPs in rose gold. Well, that is to say, since the stones shift in colour, I do not love them in rose gold in all lighting.

I can see wanting to tie the 2 together, but OECs in rose gold will be warm and they will clash with your halo, imo. Even that bezel tennis bracelet we did with 4mm stones, you could still see the warmth.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
[-]
  •
08-22-2013, 01:40 PM,
I love this ring! Why mess with perfection?

[-]
  •
08-22-2013, 01:48 PM,
Jcent...but wasnt the bracelet all regular color OEC's??

Thanks for your opinions girls....rain on my damn parade..hahahahha just kidding!!

Thanks Julia...can you tell from my taste I ADORE some of your rings!!!

[-]
  •
08-22-2013, 01:51 PM,
Ohhhhhhhhhhh I got what ya meant Jen...

you mean if I get regular OEC's in my milgrain bezel eternity band. right??

You think it would be better with regular OEC's in white gold to go with BellaRoo??

[-]
  •
08-22-2013, 01:53 PM,
(08-22-2013, 01:48 PM)kangaroocrazy Wrote: Thanks for your opinions girls....rain on my damn parade..hahahahha just kidding!!

Crackup This is the danger of asking for opinions. You get them!! The good news is that you don't have to take them to heart if you don't want to. They are only opinions.

Sharp mind, soft belly.