Ideas for a mothers jewelry
[-]
  •
02-05-2013, 09:24 PM,
Ideas for a mothers jewelry
I am after something to represent my kiddies. I have two, a son and a daughter. They are both September babies, so Sapphire if that helps. I want something I can wear almost daily, nothing too flashy. I don't particularly want a necklace, as I usually just wear my Tiffany necklace and DH just got me a diamond pendant for valentines days.

I was thinking a bracelet with their initials or birthstones, or a sapphire band. I want something budget friendly.

Ideas anyone?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-05-2013, 09:46 PM,
RE: Ideas for a mothers jewelry
I was thinking either bgd milgrain bracket with a sapphire, but which colour? Or on easy there are a ton of initial bracelets but all in sterling silver....

[-]
  •
02-05-2013, 09:59 PM,
NikkiK just had us make her a bracelet with 4 OEC bezels (1 for each family member) and a heart charm with the initials of her kiddos. It turned out really well. Smile

http://thefacetlounge.com/showthread.php?tid=647&page=2

You could use sapphires in the same way. Smile

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
02-05-2013, 10:08 PM,
That is gorgeous, but I doubt it would be budget friendly. It would be a great way to try out the oecs though..

[-]
  •
02-05-2013, 10:11 PM,
Mayk just got a sapphire dbty bracelet:

http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-...84754.html

[-]
  •
02-05-2013, 10:33 PM,
My sister in law wants a family ring with four stones and my brother thinks that means granny-style family ring. So I've been emailing my brother options to open his mind. Here are a few stacking rings that you could include two sapphires plus your and your hubby's birthstones for an interesting set of four. And you can get them in sterling silver and use lab created stones for a happy budget.

The first two photos are from Etsy sellers. The third one with marquise stones is a stock setting -- maybe Stuller?

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
02-06-2013, 02:26 AM,
After a peruse, ideally what I would love it a French cut sapphire band. 3/4 eternity in 18k white gold, about 2-2.5 mm wide. But, iwouldneeven know where to start with that project or who could source them

[-]
  •
02-06-2013, 10:15 AM,
I am not sure what "budget friendly" means. It could be vastly different between 2 people. We have sourced them before, or had them custom cut, I am not sure, but I would imagine they are not cheap. I have seen rings like that on ebay, that may be the way to go, if you can find your size.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
02-06-2013, 01:46 PM,
Yeah... if budget is an issue, I would definitely start trolling DB, Loupe troop and ebay for one.

[-]
  •
02-07-2013, 01:03 PM,
Great topic! I have been trying to come up with a way to do a piece that represents my children without being a traditional style 'mother's ring' - which isn't really me.

I think you have lucked out insofar as you have two children born in the same month! Sapphires are gorgeous, too! Even a pair of great sapphire earrings would represent well. Also, you could do a 3 stone ring! The two outer stones could be sapphires (any shape you wish), the centre could be a larger moissanite/diamond/white sapphire and it would reflect you and your dh. Alternatively, a cool 'twin-stone' setting with sapphires would be a fun take on the 'mother jewelery'. I also love the stacking bands!

I can't wait to see what you come up with!! I have 3 and they are 2 in October and 1 in September. Having a hard time!!