7 21.21%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

If you had to choose between these two settings
[-]
  •
06-10-2013, 10:22 AM,
If you had to choose between these two settings
Which would it be and why? As a perpetual fence sitter, I always need someone to give their input and then I make the decision I was going to make anyway. I dunno why I am like this Confused I'd love to hear y'all's input, though, as I greatly trust and highly value my bling family's opinions Heart

SingleStone:

As most of you know, I gave up on this setting a few months ago in favor of my solitaire. But I can't get it out of my head and I still adore it and want it eventually, so back it goes on the wish list.

Keystone will be a 9.5 mm transitional cut, Platinum.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Bella Halo: -

Custom, NOT the moissaniteco version.
Keystone will be either an 8 or 9 mm Barely Pink OEC - input on size appreciated! Ring finger is size 7.

It would be done in 18K white gold, with 14K rose gold scrolls & wraps. I think I would prefer the stone to be set in a rose gold milgrain bezel, no prongs - what do you think of this?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
06-10-2013, 10:24 AM,
RE: If you had to choose between these two settings
I like the first one best Big Grin it's more unique (to me) than "yet another halo" look Hide don't get me wrong - I LOVE me some halos! but the first one has more unique qualities to it IMO.

[-]
  •
06-10-2013, 10:29 AM,
I pick the first one only because..... I love singlestone!

[-] The following 1 user Likes kangaroocrazy's post:
  • AmginE
06-10-2013, 10:35 AM,
I pick number one because you said this

"I can't get it out of my head and I still adore it"

But man oh man would I love to see that BellaHalo done!!

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
06-10-2013, 10:55 AM,
Wow, these are very different. Do you already own a colorless stone ring? Do you already own a halo'd ring?

[-] The following 1 user Likes battah's post:
  • MicheleZ
06-10-2013, 11:01 AM,
I'd love to see the first one with the Bella's scrolls on the basket. That would be gorgeous.

They're both beautiful, though. The rose gold touches on the Bella would be really pretty. I love those scrolls.

[-]
  •
06-10-2013, 11:04 AM,
I pick the first one!!!!!!!!

[-]
  •
06-10-2013, 11:35 AM,
I also voted for the first choice because I adore Single Stone but more importantly, you said it yourself that you cannot get it out of your head. I think if you got the Bella ring it'd be just like buying the solitaire and won't satisfy you completely and you'd still be lusting for the SS ring.

[-]
  •
06-10-2013, 11:37 AM,
I adore the 1st one!!I just think the gallery halo is so beautiful LoveLove

Laugh More ~ Gripe Less ~ Ignore Critics ~ Order Dessert ~ Say Yes ~ Love Life
[-]
  •
06-10-2013, 11:45 AM,
(06-10-2013, 10:35 AM)kangaroocrazy Wrote: I pick number one because you said this

"I can't get it out of my head and I still adore it"

But man oh man would I love to see that BellaHalo done!!

I should've added that I also adore the Bella and have since the very moment I saw it some years ago. I can't get it out of my head either, which makes the decision so difficult. I *will* have both of these rings eventually, but am trying to decide which one I want more right now.

(06-10-2013, 10:55 AM)Turks Wrote: Wow, these are very different. Do you already own a colorless stone ring? Do you already own a halo'd ring?

I do own my 10mm OEC solitaire already, I do not have a halo of any kind.

(06-10-2013, 11:01 AM)battah Wrote: I'd love to see the first one with the Bella's scrolls on the basket. That would be gorgeous.

They're both beautiful, though. The rose gold touches on the Bella would be really pretty. I love those scrolls.

Since I plan to have both of these rings at some point, I won't be making any changes to the designs ... I agree that for someone else, though, they might enjoy the scrolls on the SS setting, and in fact I believe the original had them. Lemme see if I can find it ... Ok, they were similar, not exactly like the Bella (this was a pic I PhotoStitched some time ago of the various settings SS had done of this ring)

I've been leaning towards the Bella at this time for a few reasons:
- I really want something with a Barely Pink
- I've been longing for the opportunity to work with Schubach's. Although the Bella has been done by Wink and I'd also love to work with him, if I'm going to get the stone from Schubie's, I'd like to get the stone and setting in one place.
- Every single time I see Dragonfly post *her* Bella, my heart leaps - probably a teeny bit more than it does for the SS ring
- I've been wanting a halo and the Bella would satisfy that craving. I've also been wanting something with rose gold, so this covers that as well.

However, the pros of the SS:
- It's slightly cheaper, which is never a bad thing
- It's definitely more unique
- It satisfies my craving for a cushion style setting, yet with a round stone
- It's SingleStone! 'Nuff said?