In a dream world, who is your designer?
[-]
  •
03-07-2015, 11:49 AM,
In a dream world, who is your designer?
Is there a company or a person out there that totally represents or speaks to you? Whose designs were or are consistently beautiful to you? This can be someone past or present of course.

I notice as I'm looking around someone will post on a board, "I got my new (insert brand)!" And with some brands I just keep scrolling. I've just never seen anything from that house/company/designer that has spoken to me.

I think if I had to pick ONE designer to wear for the rest of my life, and whose designs made my heart go pitter patter 99% of the time, it would be Van Cleef & Arpels. Will I ever own one? Not likely. However if someone started a thread with the subject, "Check out my new VC&A" I'd be opening that in a red hot second.

There are people who love Cartier, Tiffany, Harry Winston, MC2 etc. etc. etc. I can appreciate things from all of them, but the vast majority of the designs aren't things I'd be comfortable wearing.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-07-2015, 12:37 PM,
RE: In a dream world, who is your designer?
Edited.... I was on the wrong topic! Lol. It's been one of those days.

[-]
  •
03-07-2015, 01:09 PM,
Hmm... interesting musings indeed. I honestly don't know if there is such a designer for me as of yet. Although, to be honest I haven't ever really paid too much attention to designer/brand names.

I love a lot of the work from Victor Canera and Leon Mege, but not all of their pieces get me. Tiffany's By The Yard necklaces always make me happy, but I think Whiteflash does them better.

Wish I had a better fantasy to share! Maybe some day. My mind may be changed after I get to go see the Cartier museum exhibit tomorrow. Wink

[-]
  •
03-07-2015, 01:59 PM,
That is a tough question. I have a lot of pinned pieces from Leon, but most often his stuff is too low set for my taste, and I like his more unique or statement pieces best. Micropave halos I think are done well by quite a few vendor, and I don't really think of them as a unique design, so I don't look at at that kind of stuff as often when I look at LMs site. I can also really appreciate Jack Kelege, but I can't say that f I had to wear only one deisgner for the rest of my life, I would pick that. JAR pieces and designs make me swoon, more more lilke art. Not like I want to wear it. I kind of have my dream ring, lol, so if I could only wear one thing forever, that would be it.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-07-2015, 02:11 PM,
Oh that sounds like a fun trip! There are a lot of Cartier pieces that are beautiful. However there are also a good many that are way out there (for me.)

Still there are so many iconic pieces they've produced-I certainly can't ignore that!

[-]
  •
03-07-2015, 07:46 PM,
CvB pieces are amazing. Her work is so detailed and beautiful!

[-] The following 2 users Like Circe's post:
  • ringcat, stardust
03-07-2015, 10:33 PM,
Buccellati!

[-]
  •
03-07-2015, 11:31 PM,
LM's pieces speak to me the most. I love his sense of proportion and the lines of his pieces.
I love VC's pave a whole lot, but I can't see pave on me.
I also love colour but haven't really ventured into the world of CS yet. I have always loved what Selim mouzannar does with coloured stones.
If I can afford even 1 piece from any one of the 3 artists above, I willbe swinging from trees!!!