Indecisive and I think I've lost my mind a bit.
[-]
  •
09-21-2014, 07:46 PM,
Indecisive and I think I've lost my mind a bit.
Alright ladies, I might be crazy. I had my little heart set on a ring similiar to Slick's HW inspired. Someone on my previous thread stated that they loved the style but that it just looked wrong on their finger. This got me to thinking ... I have tried a similiar ring on only once - for just a moment - but had a screaming baby with me and couldn't stay to critic and obsess. I may need to go bug that jeweler again.

I've been looking more and came across the Scroll solitaire. I love how feminine and dainty it looks. I have very long and slender "piano fingers" and quite honestly until I happened along the 3 stone I always saw myself with a solitaire. I have always loved the scroll bands but never purchased one ... now I am wondering which route to go. Again.

Do I stick with the HW inspired matched with a round and baguette band and hope I like it on my finger, or stick to a simple solitaire paired with a scroll wedding band? OR ... do I drive myself insane trying to find a way to incorporate the two? No matter which direction I go, I have sat here trying to find a way to fit it all in to one without it being too much.

Hopefully someone will chime in with opinions ... or at the very least kind of see my vision and the direction my "custom" piece would take.

It all started with this ...

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I knew from the beginning that I wanted to modify for a band to sit flush like this ...

That ring just looks SO good on Slick's finger. Swoon.

Then I started having second thoughts and wondered if I should lean towards the Scroll. You all know what it looks like.

Paired with something like ...

THEN I thought well shoot, maybe I can just cluster it all together to make one super confusing ring ... but maybe it would work?

SO ... the stone would drop, the baguettes would be shorter kind of similiar to this ring ...

The more I looked at the scroll solitaire the more I wondered if small baguettes could go in the split part of the band as a small center stone accent like above ...

And then incorporate the scroll of the Scroll solitaire or just some scroll in general ...

And just because, here are my slender fingers. And my baby. I don't know why my nails look so yellow and dirty ... I had to double check after seeing the picture. They don't.

As Tim would say ... carry on.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
09-21-2014, 08:08 PM,
RE: Indecisive and I think I've lost my mind a bit.
I'm pretty sure you're not losing your mind! All this indecision is totally normal around here.

The only way you'll know is to try rings on. It's that simple. There are some rings I thought I wouldn't like but loved on, and vice versa. Lots here have spent and lost big dollars learning the hard way what they like and like on them aren't always the same thing.

Good luck on your quest!

[-]
  •
09-21-2014, 08:37 PM,
Yeahthat

Any one of those styles or combos could be beautiful on your pretty hands! It really depends on what you personally prefer so maybe check out some local jewelers and try different styles on. It is often surprising what we like/dislike IRL.

[-]
  •
09-21-2014, 11:27 PM,
I am looking at this again and while I really like the scroll setting, I don't think it calls for baguettes. To me, the scroll is more organic and romantic and baguettes are more clean lined and sophisticated. Not so much a combo I'd put together, though beautiful in their own ways. Smile

[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 05:21 AM,
Unless you are totally against the idea of having options, why not get both, or pick one now, and get the other in a year? I agree that mixing the bags & scroll might be a bit of a conflict of styles. But on their own, both gorgeous pieces that fill two different bling cravings beautifully.

ETA: super cute kiddo!

[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 05:30 AM,
(09-21-2014, 11:27 PM)EarthDiva Wrote: I am looking at this again and while I really like the scroll setting, I don't think it calls for baguettes. To me, the scroll is more organic and romantic and baguettes are more clean lined and sophisticated. Not so much a combo I'd put together, though beautiful in their own ways. Smile

As much as I love my HW it is not a ring that looks nice with different bands. It looks good with the matching baguette band only. A solitaire such as the scroll or even a classic solitaire is much more versatile to wear with a band(s). With long slender fingers such as yours you could really live it up with great stackers like the scroll band that you posted. You will save quite a bit of money going with a classic solitaire and can spend it on some great bands.

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 07:09 AM,
(09-21-2014, 11:27 PM)EarthDiva Wrote: I am looking at this again and while I really like the scroll setting, I don't think it calls for baguettes. To me, the scroll is more organic and romantic and baguettes are more clean lined and sophisticated. Not so much a combo I'd put together, though beautiful in their own ways. Smile

Yep this exactly! You always have the option of more than one ring Wink I hear that is quite common around these parts..

[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 01:37 PM,
(09-22-2014, 05:30 AM)poppyseed Wrote: As much as I love my HW it is not a ring that looks nice with different bands. It looks good with the matching baguette band only. A solitaire such as the scroll or even a classic solitaire is much more versatile to wear with a band(s).

Yeahthat Sadly, I found this to be true about the HW too...