Interim project...
[-]
  •
04-24-2014, 12:45 PM,
Interim project...
Well, crap.

Just when I was 100% set on buying a knife edge tiffany repro with a moissy RB... I go and buy that 8mm OEC Asha off the Bistro yesterday. Because the price. Happyrun

So now I don't know what to do with it. I've looked around a little at settings, and don't want anything too fussy, since I'd like to add it to my ering rotation... but I'm just not sure what to do with it, lol!

I'm considering one of the filigree settings, but I'd love everyone's input! My other antique cut (Wink ACC) is in a halo - so no halos, probably. Suggestions welcome!!! I treasure all your advice Grouphug

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-24-2014, 01:01 PM,
RE: Interim project...
That's exciting! I know what it's like to have your eye on one thing and then buy something completely different.

Not to rain on your parade but if you're talking about the Asha that was listed yesterday, I'd look at the stone carefully when you receive it if I were you. The user was using stolen pics of my ring, so the photos with the listing weren't the stone you'll be receiving. I hope it's gorgeous! I loved my Asha but it just ended up being too white for me.

[-]
  •
04-24-2014, 01:09 PM,
ReHeeely!? Hm. I am talking about that stone... but I didn't see pics of a ring, just the loose stone - were those yours, too?

This is a lower color H or I. I'll be interested to receive it & look it over...

[-]
  •
04-24-2014, 01:24 PM,
If it's the same listing they were super zoomed in pics of the mounted stone. You could see prongs and the very top of the split shank. Did she show you pictures or did you see pictures on the listing? The listing was removed shortly after I emailed the admin.

Like I said, not trying to rain on your parade. I'm sure you'll receive a gorgeous stone! I just found the listing shady so wanted to let you know.

[-]
  •
04-24-2014, 01:27 PM,
The pics on the listing I'm talking about were super close ups of the first two pics on my listing here.

http://diamondbistro.com/category/217/As...-Ring.html

I'll shut up now. Just looking out for another TFL sister. Wink

[-]
  •
04-24-2014, 01:38 PM,
Thanks for the heads up! Veeeerrry innnteresting.... She wasn't new, so I didn't think too much about it. Wonder what will turn up on my doorstep?

[-]
  •
04-24-2014, 01:44 PM,
I'm sure it will be fine. I figure she used my pictures out of sheer laziness. Just saying I'd look at it closely just to be safe.

I love filigree settings! I actually have one that used to have an 8mm Asha in it. Took the Asha out but never got around to trying to sell it. It's the Cressida from MoCo/Asha Diamonds. I love it but 8mm is too small for me.

[-]
  •
04-24-2014, 02:24 PM,
Sooo... I did some cyberstalking - the seller has an uncommon name, lol! She looks to be a regular lady with a real job. So here's hoping my sale was legit!

@LaLa - do you have pics of the Cressida? I've looked at that setting for a long time, but the hearts on the gallery bother me. If they weren't there, I'd buy that setting in a heartbeat. Are they obvious in real life? I also really like the Adalia setting with the octagon frame.

[-]
  •
04-24-2014, 02:35 PM,
Poldies...I love loved lovedddddd my H oec asha!! I lost her or I would still be wearing it!!

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-24-2014, 03:17 PM,
@poldies4 I honestly haven't looked at the setting in such a long time, I can't really remember how obvious the hearts are. I bought the ring secondhand mostly for the stone. I posted it on BTD way back in the day before I abandoned ship. I'll see if I can find a thread to link you to with pictures.

ETA here's my original thread but no profile pics unless the videos showed the profile. I don't remember and I don't want to play them right now because I'm at work. Wink I can always take a look at the mounting sometime in the next few days. It's just sitting in a drawer.

http://betterthandiamond.com/discussion/...Post761348