Is it just me?
[-]
  •
03-17-2018, 08:04 PM,
Is it just me?
Hi y’all I need everyone’s opinion bc I think I’m driving myself nuts. I replaced my FB OEC with another brands OEC and it’s just not sitting right with me. It seems so flat and lifeless I’m not getting the sparkle factor I was used to. I definitely think the table is too large but there’s something else. My original oec had a small nick in it but it was a fireball. This new stone has to be under that perfect spot light or in mirrored elevators for me to get the same performance. https://youtu.be/yAfbGJbyVIw I uploaded a video not the best but I hope someone can tell me if I’m losing my mind. I just hope one of you can articulate what I am seeing. The loose stone is my FB OEC the one set is the new one. I have some more videos if it helps!!Thanks in advance!!

Some more vids original FB OEC https://youtu.be/vSaR2VPA9Us
New stone https://youtu.be/_xzEYLYiYzQ

I think it’s less firey which is what I loved and I can’t tell if it is the new rough but it just feels a bit lifeless. Hoping you guys can give me some direction.

Thanks againn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-17-2018, 08:33 PM,
Is it just me?
Hope you guys are still around as well haven’t been here in a while. Just torturing myself lol patiently waiting tho!!

[-]
  •
03-18-2018, 07:52 PM,
RE: Is it just me?
I'm no expert but, I have to say, I think I agree with you- the new moissy looks less fiery based on the videos. Actually I wouldn't have changed anything about your ring - was there a reason you changed out the stone?

The most important thing is that you're questioning it so go with your gut. If you feel it is less fiery it's likely something that will bother you long term.

[-]
  •
03-19-2018, 02:41 PM,
It is tough when you aren't comparing side by side in the same lighting, but if you feel like it isn't for you maybe you can send it back?

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-19-2018, 02:43 PM,
oh, just saw the video of them together... I don't see a huge difference to be honest, but cameras don't see what eyes do.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-20-2018, 07:14 AM,
Is it just me?
(03-18-2018, 07:52 PM)mmascall Wrote: I'm no expert but, I have to say, I think I agree with you- the new moissy looks less fiery based on the videos. Actually I wouldn't have changed anything about your ring - was there a reason you changed out the stone?

The most important thing is that you're questioning it so go with your gut. If you feel it is less fiery it's likely something that will bother you long term.

Sad I changed it for two reasons, it had the tiniest chip in it, have no idea how it happened but I discovered it one day and it bugged me. The other reason... I was always hoping for a whiter stone. The warmth bothered me at the time. I think it’s the comparison to my old one that has me questioning this new one. It’s so clear and it for sure isn’t as firey, still pretty just not sure it’s for me. I am past the return window so I may just remove and sell. It’s just so white it’s almost clear unless it’s under that perfect store or spot lighting then it’s firey like crazy. My other one seemed firey all the time but with a hint of warmth, maybe the performance is a difference in the rough.

[-]
  •
03-20-2018, 08:42 AM,
Is it just me?
(03-19-2018, 02:43 PM)jenncent Wrote: oh, just saw the video of them together... I don't see a huge difference to be honest, but cameras don't see what eyes do.

That’s good to know I appreciate your eye I don’t think it’s an awful stone but I think in comparison it’s lacking some of the magic I was used to.

[-]
  •
03-20-2018, 08:43 AM,
Is it just me?
I’ll be taking the videos down now folks thanks again!!