JJB's OMB Project (Sketches Added!)
[-]
  •
05-20-2014, 07:02 PM,
JJB's OMB Project (Sketches Added!)
Well here we are again with another project. It is a never ending cycle with me, but I have a feeling this one will keep me content for quite a while.

The size of the stone 8.55 x 7.82! I think in a normal world this would be a perfect size for a 4.5 finger, BUT I don't live in a normal world (at least not a normal sparkly one). Therefore, I am leaning toward something with more umph that will not take away from the OMB, but compliment and enhance it. I already have a three stone so that is off the table, but it comes as no surprise that there is always a halo in my heart. I have a ton of halo rings already, but there are a few that I have found that are different than what I already own! On another note, there is a the idea of a solitaire with engraving and millgrain galore!

Here are my favorite halo inspirations! I have to organize the solitaire/engraved one that I have still! I would love to hear your thoughts Smile

1. Floral and dainty! - I love the femininity of this halo so much! I am just unsure of how it would look with my stone.
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

2. Classic Prongs - This reminds me of the Gabbie Halo, but has a subtle floral pattern to it. It is more of a traditional halo and I'm sure no one would notice the floral pattern to it either.

3. French & Old Cut Halo - I drool over this setting all the time and would likely do longer french cuts since my stone is elongated vs square shaped.

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes EarthDiva's post:
  • JuBe
05-20-2014, 07:06 PM,
RE: JJB's OMB Project!
I love #3!!!!!!!!!!! Love it. I think it's classic and important looking. #2 is too faddy (is that a word). #1 is pretty but #3 is Uh-mahz-ing.

[-]
  •
05-20-2014, 07:10 PM,
I love #3 too. I like #1 for you but absolutely love #3! And it is so different from any halo you already have.

ETA - And it is a bezel which we all know what that does for me... Smile

[-]
  •
05-20-2014, 07:16 PM,
(05-20-2014, 07:06 PM)EarthDiva Wrote: I love #3!!!!!!!!!!! Love it. I think it's classic and important looking. #2 is too faddy (is that a word). #1 is pretty but #3 is Uh-mahz-ing.

DITTO! That ring is super gorgeous!

What is an "OMB"?

[-]
  •
05-20-2014, 07:20 PM,
I like #1 and #3. Number one is so feminine and dainty and girly. Are you a girly girl?
Number three is more powerful and has a more sturdy impact on my eyes. How do you feel about the airline (that is what that space is called right?)?
I think number three will be more comfortable with the bezel and less sharp points on the halo.
It's a tough call, but if you drool every time you see #3 then you should perhaps chose that one.
It's gonna be awesome! Drool

ETA OMB=Old mine brilliant @SparkleFactor

[-]
  •
05-20-2014, 07:26 PM,
(05-20-2014, 07:20 PM)Slick Wrote: ETA OMB=Old mine brilliant @SparkleFactor

Ahh thank you. Is that the same as an OMC?

[-]
  •
05-20-2014, 07:27 PM,
OMB=old mine brilliant

I like 1 and 3. 1 because it is so floral and unique. It is girly and elegant and I think it would be the most flattering on your hand, tbh. I also like 3. But I like bolder/more substantial rings on my hand, and my hand is large and delicate does not look good on me.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
05-20-2014, 07:29 PM,
"It is girly and elegant and I think it would be the most flattering on your hand, tbh." Quoting @jenncent I have to agree that #1 would look so flattering on your elegant fingers...

[-]
  •
05-20-2014, 07:30 PM,
OMB is the actual cut name according to the GIA. I think OMB and OMC are used interchangeably though. Along with ACC. But I think you can call all old cut cushions ACCs but not all are actually OMB/OMCs. It has to do with the dates I *think*. @EricaD would know for sure I think. Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
05-20-2014, 07:33 PM,
OMB, OEC, OMC, ACC I just die looking at them all. I'm not discriminatory. Crackup