Jeweler's Mutual?
[-]
  •
05-09-2013, 10:05 AM,
Jeweler's Mutual?
I just got my statement for my jewelry insurance rider, and I'm considering switching to Jeweler's Mutual (mine is a lot more $$ than the quote I got online from JM).

Does anyone use them? Are they good? How do you go about getting an appraisal of moissanite jewelry? I'm wondering if that would be difficult - my current insurance was ok with my using the stats papers that came with the pieces I bought, so I didn't have to have them appraised separately.

And are you responsible for regular inspections of the prongs etc on each piece? I didn't see anything about that in the sample policy on their website, but I might have missed it. I have some stuff I don't wear that often, so I don't see going and getting it inspected every 6 months.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-09-2013, 10:09 AM,
RE: Jeweler's Mutual?
I have it,...I dont do inspections............

I had DK do my appraisals,.but his pieces are the only ones I also had put under insurance.

I would think your best bet would be to go with a vendor here that knows about moissy.

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
05-09-2013, 11:25 AM,
Yes, I need to get insurance myself. I'd been waiting to get all my pieces appraised by a local appraiser, but gosh, they charge a fortune.

Never thought about DK doing it. I may have to bring everything with me when I pick up the YG princess ring and have him do it all at once.

[-] The following 1 user Likes battah's post:
  • mike_c
05-09-2013, 12:02 PM,
So DK can do appraisals? Good to know! I figure with gold prices as high as they are right now, it might be a good time to get jewelry re-appraised.

My friend at work uses JM, too, and she likes them, though she hasn't needed anything replaced yet. They just have great prices.

[-]
  •
05-09-2013, 12:06 PM,
I dont know battah,..thats why I said my appraisals were rings I had bought from him..so they came with one.

It would be great to know though!!

[-]
  •
05-09-2013, 12:13 PM,
Ah gotcha. I'll see if I can get an appraisal sent to me with my lotus ring, then, that's a good idea to request it.

[-]
  •
05-09-2013, 12:17 PM,
(05-09-2013, 12:13 PM)battah Wrote: Ah gotcha. I'll see if I can get an appraisal sent to me with my lotus ring, then, that's a good idea to request it.

Perfect!!

[-]
  •
05-09-2013, 12:51 PM,
Your invoice should work battah, it will be itemized and just ask Beth or Joe to include weights.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
[-]
  •
05-09-2013, 12:53 PM,
Ok cool, thanks! I've never insured moissanite, just diamonds, so I was afraid it might be challenging to get appraisals.