Judging Color?
[-]
  •
06-04-2013, 09:28 PM,
Judging Color?
What is the best lighting for judging the warmth if a stone and how do you do it? I swear my moissies look so different in various sources of lighting!!!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
06-04-2013, 11:45 PM,
RE: Judging Color?
I think with diamonds you are suppose to put them face down on a white piece of paper. Not sure if that works the same with moissanite?

What colors are you seeing...and dare I ask....how does it look in the car?

Merlin

[-]
  •
06-05-2013, 04:19 AM,
(06-04-2013, 11:45 PM)Merlin Wrote: I think with diamonds you are suppose to put them face down on a white piece of paper. Not sure if that works the same with moissanite?

What colors are you seeing...and dare I ask....how does it look in the car?

Merlin

I'm comparing two cushions one has a hair more fire but I think it is slightly warmer so I'm trying to decide which to keep. Cry such a hard decision!!!

[-] The following 1 user Likes stardust's post:
  • Dragonfly
06-05-2013, 05:53 AM,
IME moissies shift ALL THE TIME. Honestly, it's almost never the same stone twice, which is the absolute beauty of it (for me.) Such personality! But in theory the face down on a white paper should tell you a bit....the way it's cut certainly plays into that though. Even if the two are the same face down on a piece of paper, it won't necessarily appear that way if one is a round and one is a cushion. My lay person's two cents.

[-]
  •
06-05-2013, 10:36 PM,
the back of my car or in the linen closet. Mine look shite there.

ETA, not shit really, but at their worst. Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
06-06-2013, 04:58 AM,
LOL. One looks really steely - where is the line between steely and gray moissy?