Jules is..... Broken!!
[-]
  •
02-04-2014, 10:58 PM,
Exclamation  Jules is..... Broken!!
So recently in trying to clean the whatever-it-is-residue off of the moissy set in Jules I noticed that the stone was not level with the bezel. Then tonight I was taking my ring off to get ready for bed and noticed that the setting is broken. Yes! I said broken. I know you want pictures, but I'll have to surmise until tomorrow. For now here are the details. On one side where the shank meets the bezel; there is complete separation. Also the gallery underneath is no longer attached. It's as if all the soldering points on one side have broken free. I hope I used the correct terms. I have no idea how this happened. I swear on all things sparkly, I baby my rings. It is the strangest thing. I'm just hoping it can be fixed. It really sucks that it's right before valentines day. It's probably going to take forever to fix. I'm so sad. I hate how whiny I sound (I haven't even told my DH; he will think I'm crazy). I just don't want to be without my ring. Cry

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-04-2014, 11:03 PM,
RE: Jules is..... Broken!!
Oh no! But it is probably fixable. This sucks!

[-]
  •
02-04-2014, 11:11 PM,
OH no @EmeMac
I am sure it can be fixed..... I am so sorry! :-(...

[-]
  •
02-04-2014, 11:33 PM,
Oh no! I'm sorry. I would be sad too. I am sure you can get her fixed up easily,

[-]
  •
02-04-2014, 11:51 PM,
That sucks!! Sad I hope they can fix her up really quickly for you and figure out how that could have happened in the first place.

[-] The following 1 user Likes sparkletiger's post:
  • EarthDiva
02-05-2014, 12:45 AM,
@EmeMac Sorry to hear this, but it sounds like the soldering joints have worn out after all the overnight soakings in different solutions. I read recently that soldering points contain materials other than gold. They are hard, but chemically more susceptible to erosion (damage). The good news is that all the stones are intact and the rest can be fixed.

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slick's post:
  • moissypaws
02-05-2014, 07:03 AM,
Oh no! I'm so sorry this happened to you! I would hate to send it off too, but hoping it will be a quick and painless fix. Sad for you Cry

[-]
  •
02-05-2014, 07:56 AM,
Oh no!! I am so sorry to hear this Sad I am surprised a quality piece like that would just unsolder itself! I am hoping it's a quick fix for you though! Are you sending it to DK or JBEG??

[-]
  •
02-05-2014, 08:00 AM,
(02-05-2014, 07:03 AM)Sandeek Wrote: Oh no! I'm so sorry this happened to you! I would hate to send it off too, but hoping it will be a quick and painless fix. Sad for you Cry

Yeahthat So sorry to hear it, I hope you'll have her back soon Bighug

[-]
  •
02-05-2014, 10:10 AM,
Oh no :-( I hope she can be fixed quickly. Maybe while they are fixing her they can clean her for you?