Kate Szabone Jewelry?
[-]
  •
01-16-2013, 07:30 PM,
Kate Szabone Jewelry?
Has anyone worked with this etsy vendor: http://www.etsy.com/shop/kateszabone?ref=pr_shop_more?

Hadley, will be happy about this one -- now that Jules is being wrapped up, I can seriously think about my next project -- an 18k YG stacker set!

I've been obsessed with all things Megan Thorne and really want a warm gold tone set.

Jenn has already been a lot of help by just being a sounding board to some of my ideas.

But I found this ring:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/113215849/sc...anite-ring

and contacted the vendor for a quote on something similar (can't decide if I want to use a 6mm OEC or 6mm rose cut), but I haven't heard back from her.... was just wondering if someone here had an in.

These are my inspiration pics:
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com! Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com! Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com! Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com! Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com! Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com! Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-16-2013, 07:34 PM,
RE: Kate Szabone Jewelry?
I'm also toying with the idea of mixing the 18k YG with sapphires:
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com! Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-]
  •
01-16-2013, 07:47 PM,
Yes, Hadley is happy about this! Big Grin I'm pretty happy about most jewelry, though. Unless it's that celebrity engagement ring with the skulls on it. That doesn't make me feel so good.

That picture frame one that you posted on Turks' recent idea thread... I'd seen that before and already had it in my "wishes and greed" folder on my desktop. But I didn't know the designer was Megan Thorne. So last night I looked up Megan Thorne and pinned my top few picks. One of them is the picture frame ring, and another is the 3-band sapphire combo you posted here just now. Seriously, what's not to love?!

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
01-16-2013, 08:09 PM,
Someone must have posted a link to her stuff recently, because I already made the link for the rose gold branch ring as the top of my 2013 Christmas gifts. She has really good feedback! I'd love to know what you hear - and see if she takes customer stones Smile

[-]
  •
01-16-2013, 10:33 PM,
more inspiration:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/96240297/18k...h_type=all

[-]
  •
01-17-2013, 01:31 AM,
I've loved this shop for a while... I love this ring.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/88429073/ros...amond-ring?

[-] The following 1 user Likes Hadley's post:
  • Rusalka
01-17-2013, 01:41 AM,
So Kate Szabone is clearly emulating Megan Thorpe (Lorrissey's references) and Cathy Waterman (MissKK's reference). And her chunky bezel solitaires remind me of Todd Reed.

In other words, she likes all the same designers I do. She's obviously a woman of impeccable taste and standards.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
01-17-2013, 07:35 AM,
I know I've seen good feedback on PS. That's all I got. Well, that and I LOVE everything you posted! YAY yellow gold, YAY higher karat gold and YAY YAY YAY these amazing pieces that look centuries old, like they came off of the hand of a reigning monarch!

[-]
  •
01-17-2013, 07:47 AM,
I don't know the seller, but I love the yellow gold pieces!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
01-17-2013, 12:33 PM,
(01-17-2013, 01:41 AM)Hadley Wrote: So Kate Szabone is clearly emulating Megan Thorpe (Lorrissey's references) and Cathy Waterman (MissKK's reference). And her chunky bezel solitaires remind me of Todd Reed.

In other words, she likes all the same designers I do. She's obviously a woman of impeccable taste and standards.

Exactly!! I have always admired her shop. I can go through and favorite just about everything she has listed.

I almost had her make my old oval moissy bezel ring but that was back when I was a raw foodist and super militant about supporting only "local" businesses, so I went with Tula Jewelry instead.

Of course I'd still prefer to support local (like DK), but since she's already got the blueprints for what I'm looking for... I figured I'd give her a shot... but still no reply to my etsy message. so that's a bummer.