Leo Diamond Band
[-]
  •
10-18-2012, 07:55 PM,
Leo Diamond Band
Super excited to snatch up this band. I went for a drive today and stopped by a favorite pawn shop. The five stone bands immediately caught my eye as they always do and I noticed one that seemed to have extra twinkle to it. Upon examination I saw that it was stamped "THE LEO" on the inside of the shank. 3/4 total carat weight. I'm not a big fan of the tension setting so what I was thinking of doing is having Schubachs reset it into a 7 stone band and either include two BP round moissanites, two rubies or two hot pink diamond cut sapphires. Set this in rose gold most likely. Here are two quick photos I took. It's being sized so I can wear it and first sizing is free. BTW snatched up this beauty for $350.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-18-2012, 08:00 PM,
RE: Leo Diamond Band
What a great score!!!!! You could also reset to a 9 stone...one pink something in between the diamonds for an alternating look.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-18-2012, 08:44 PM,
Score!!!

[-]
  •
10-18-2012, 08:48 PM,
Awesome find!!! *high five* I like Jenn's 9 stone idea because it would look better to my eyes. Lol

[-]
  •
10-19-2012, 04:04 AM,
This makes me want to go to a pawn shop now - awesome find!!!

[-]
  •
10-19-2012, 06:41 AM,
That is a great find! I should really start checking out pawn shops around here.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-19-2012, 07:03 AM,
I agree!! sweet deal!!

[-]
  •
10-19-2012, 07:22 AM,
great find!

[-]
  •
10-19-2012, 08:54 AM,
I try to avoid pawn shops when possible because I know that I will blow my budget. Usually I offer them around 30% less than the asking price, sometimes 40% depending on the style/popularity. 20% is a reasonable estimate of what they will actually take off, but I would rather give a bit of a low offer than a high offer. If they don't like it they will always counter. In this case I had seen the band before but didn't pay close attention so I knew it was sitting in there for about a month. Too long for most pawn shops. So I asked them to give me their best price which was at my 30% Big Grin

[-]
  •
10-19-2012, 09:45 AM,
i LOVE going to pawn shops!! You can find some super awesome stuff. At thrift stores too. My godmother found a box of "costume" jewelry at a thrift store. She brought it home and lo and behold, she was the proud new owner of a 3ct. diamond ring and some genuine Victorian era jewels. The stuff was just dirty and I'm sure the person working at the thrift store had NO idea what she was looking at. Probably saw the size of the diamond and immediately assumed CZ.