Leon Mege M-Theory Band
[-]
  •
02-23-2013, 02:36 AM,
Leon Mege M-Theory Band
http://www.micropave.com/index.php/colle...-band.html

I'd love to post a picture but I can't figure it out. If someone could do it for me, I'd very much appreciate it!

Anyway, I bought a band very similar to this from Berricle (before they were Berricle). The only difference is that the long thin bar between the shapes wasn't milgrain, it was a tiny baguette. They all fell out btw. I really Heart this ring and I was sad that Berricle no longer carries it but elated to find it somewhere else and in platinum too! I requested a quote for this ring and was appalled that the pricing came in at $3000. I see it listed on the site at $2200 for Size 6 and an $800 jump for 2 sizes is insane IMHO. Has anyone seen this ring or something similar somewhere else? It doesn't have enough metal or diamond weight IMO to justify $3000.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-23-2013, 07:12 AM,
RE: Leon Mege M-Theory Band
LM is notorious for quoting over the top pricing when he doesn't feel like doing something. There was a PS thread about it. I think DK would be your guy. Schubbies custom bench does amazing work too.

[-]
  •
02-23-2013, 09:33 AM,
Yeah, I don't think its worth $3k either. I agree with MS, you could ask Schubach's and DK for a quote.

Here's your pic by the way.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
02-23-2013, 09:37 AM,
That's beautiful!

[-]
  •
02-23-2013, 11:05 AM,
I think it is beautiful! I don't think he is over charging because he doesn't want to make it. That is the price of hand forged work. My semi bezel eternity was over 3k just for the mounting and I was so surprised by the cost. But it is always the things that look the most simple that require the most care...or you will see every flaw. And it is LM, you pay for his name. That said, I am sure anyone could make you a similar one, and having it cast will be much cheaper than hand made.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
02-23-2013, 11:19 AM,
I just think that because why would be have it listed for $2200 on his site in a size 6, then quote her almost 50% more for a size 8?

Leon is a mystery....

[-]
  •
02-23-2013, 11:27 AM,
I have only heard of him doing that for sims. I think he is mystery too, but and extra $50-$100 is standard in 14k metal only, with stock rings, for a size 8... so make it with F VS stones, and platinum...and LM... it just doesn't shock me.

DK would likely make it for under 1k, and our high bench would likely be $1500. These are just my best guesses. It just depends on what you like about the original.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
02-23-2013, 03:18 PM,
Why wouldn't he want to do it, MS? It's his ring. I don't want anything custom or extra from him. I want it exactly like that one, only slightly larger. I am accustomed to paying more for rings sometimes because the "standard" sizes stop at 7. Many vendors include an 8 in their standard sizes but some don't and charge a little more but it's usually about $80-$100, not $800. The difference between a Size 7 ring and a Size 8 ring is miniscule when we're talking about metal, particularly when the ring is stretched out like that. It would most likely require all the little millgrained bars to be a hair longer. On that theory, Size 4 rings should be about 40% off but they never are. I'm a little insulted. I won't get it from him.

Thanks for the pic, Mrs K!

[-]
  •
02-23-2013, 03:28 PM,
Jenncent, who made your semi-bezel eternity? Can I see?

I ordered this one instead for now:

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/weddin...inum-5393p

I will revisit the M-Theory later in the year but I won't be getting it there. Even if those stones are ideal cut, D-IF, geez they're still MELEE!

I guess this is why I don't buy designer clothes either.

[-]
  •
02-23-2013, 04:22 PM,
(02-23-2013, 03:18 PM)aalimah Wrote: [undefined=undefined]Why wouldn't he want to do it, MS? It's his ring. I don't want anything custom or extra from him. I want it exactly like that one, only slightly larger.[/undefined] I am accustomed to paying more for rings sometimes because the "standard" sizes stop at 7. Many vendors include an 8 in their standard sizes but some don't and charge a little more but it's usually about $80-$100, not $800. The difference between a Size 7 ring and a Size 8 ring is miniscule when we're talking about metal, particularly when the ring is stretched out like that. It would most likely require all the little millgrained bars to be a hair longer. On that theory, Size 4 rings should be about 40% off but they never are. I'm a little insulted. I won't get it from him.

Thanks for the pic, Mrs K!

I've actually run across this several times. It's pathetic, but it happens.