Lightbox Pearlnography!
[-]
  •
04-09-2014, 10:52 PM,
Lightbox Pearlnography!
So I've been playing with the smaller of my lightboxes. I don't do any photo editing or messing with lighting because I'm just taking the photos with my point and shoot phone camera, but I already love light boxes. I especially love how it captures the overtones in my tahitians that I see in life but can't capture on camera. I can't wait to upgrade my camera and get even better photos. So fun! Here is some eye candy.
The really colorful tahitian strand is the hand picked one from Druzy design on Ebay. I tried to explain that it was rainbowy but my poor photos just defied showing it. I love this strand, I literally just get it out and stare at it when stressed and immediately calm down. Lol.
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-10-2014, 12:04 AM,
RE: Lightbox Pearlnography!
This is what my heaven will look like.

Thanks SO much for sharing these glorious pearls- you made me smile so big! Heart

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
04-10-2014, 12:47 AM,
Oh please stop it! I've not been this jealous in my life.......! I don't really wear pearls that much but your Tahitians are so fabulous (that colour!) that I'm quickly changing my mind about pearls. @Bluespawkles - your photos are amazing, thank you

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
04-10-2014, 04:21 AM,
I know nothing about pearls but that light creamy rainbow strand... ooooh gloooorious

[-]
  •
04-10-2014, 04:23 AM,
Watch out @mewt the pearl bug is dangerous once you've been bitten!

[-]
  •
04-10-2014, 04:34 AM,
@OoohShiny I think coming into this thread... was like being bitten by the radioactive pearl bug of pearl bugs. now I'm thinking how I can educate myself on pearls enough to make awesome purchases like these. also I have money sitting in my paypal and it's not gonna spend itself!

any pearl forums/information sites to recommend? Wink

[-]
  •
04-10-2014, 04:48 AM,
@mewt - I am the same, I know nothing about pearls except that the strands people have on this forum are super duper amazing and it looks like you could pair them with any outfit. After I finish my AG ring, I'm getting some nice pearls for sure! I feel so much more grown up in an outfit with pearls on.
I've been experimenting with cheapies, but am ready to buy a few nicer strands. The pearl vendor recommendation thread is here: http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-Rec...rl-Vendors

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
04-10-2014, 04:56 AM,
is the white rainbow pearl strand also considered tahitian? I wannt oneee *sob*

[-] The following 1 user Likes OoohShiny's post:
  • mewt
04-10-2014, 05:02 AM,
(04-10-2014, 04:34 AM)mewt Wrote: @OoohShiny I think coming into this thread... was like being bitten by the radioactive pearl bug of pearl bugs. now I'm thinking how I can educate myself on pearls enough to make awesome purchases like these. also I have money sitting in my paypal and it's not gonna spend itself!

any pearl forums/information sites to recommend? Wink

I think the trick is to go with what makes your heart sing, rather than following a set of rules. I do think sticking to approved vendors is smart, and as already mentioned by the lovely Bling It On.

I have a strand or two that would not be considered desirable by most pearl lovers, but they make me so happy!

There is a LOT of info out there, POJ and Pearl Paradise have reasonable education sections too, if you want basics.

Smile

[-] The following 1 user Likes OoohShiny's post:
  • mewt
04-10-2014, 05:05 AM,
(04-10-2014, 04:56 AM)mewt Wrote: is the white rainbow pearl strand also considered tahitian? I wannt oneee *sob*

No, that is a Kasumi- like strand often called 'ripple pearls' If you browse the pearl forum here you will see HEAPS of lovely strands.

Ripples are my FAVE!!!