Looking for everyday e-ring ideas
[-]
  •
12-17-2012, 11:42 AM,
Looking for everyday e-ring ideas
Hello! I think I "need" an everyday engagement ring, you know, one that I can live in. One that is durable enough to sleep in, wash dishes, garden, and chase children? I have an antique platinum ring and while I think it is gorgeous, it also seems very delicate so I don't wear it around the house. Le sigh. I miss seeing sparkle everyday!

What are some good setting ideas for something durable, sturdy yet feminine? I'm thinking the center stone will be either OEC, RB or cushion. Any ideas? Smile

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
12-17-2012, 12:14 PM,
RE: Looking for everyday e-ring ideas
Not too much of an expertise...Are you going to want it to be a diamond? Not sure if you are a bezel person, but there are a million different types of bezel rings that keep the stone protected....I am NO GURU!!!

Found this:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...041AAHAEQc

Sold on Schubach :)
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
12-17-2012, 12:17 PM,
I am not an expert either, but I have an unenhanced moissanite OEC in a palladium eragem repro and I love it. I wear it all the time except for bed and dishes. I just think it depends on what your looking for. I think a simple solitare or bezel could do the everyday thing!!

[-]
  •
12-17-2012, 12:19 PM,
(12-17-2012, 12:14 PM)Anxiouslywaiting Wrote: Not too much of an expertise...Are you going to want it to be a diamond? Not sure if you are a bezel person, but there are a million different types of bezel rings that keep the stone protected....I am NO GURU!!!

Found this:

I was thinking bezel too, but most I do not find attractive. I did see this one which I actually do like:

Bezeled cushion

[-]
  •
12-17-2012, 12:20 PM,
(12-17-2012, 12:17 PM)ali_roxx Wrote: I am not an expert either, but I have an unenhanced moissanite OEC in a palladium eragem repro and I love it. I wear it all the time except for bed and dishes. I just think it depends on what your looking for. I think a simple solitare or bezel could do the everyday thing!!

What is eragem? Have you posted your ring before? I'd love to see it if you want to show it off.

[-]
  •
12-17-2012, 12:24 PM,
The ring that makes my heart sing is haven's ring that Ginger and wishingandhoping had their rings modeled after. It looks so delicate so I wasn't sure if it would hold up if I don't baby it.

[-]
  •
12-17-2012, 12:28 PM,
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Here a few pictures of my ring. THe first one is one I took excuse the mess in the picture. and the second two are from DK who made the ring.

[-]
  •
12-17-2012, 12:30 PM,

this is the inspiration ring.

[-]
  •
12-17-2012, 12:32 PM,
I would probably pick some sort of bezel ring and go with moissy or diamond. Do you have any setting preferences?

I'm partial to the OEC, but if it's sparkle you're after, I would go for an RB or Cushion. OEC has big chunky flashes vs. the glittery sparkle of the RB/Cushion cuts.

EDITED: didn't realize how quick everyone posted since I opened the thread. I love the cushion bezel you posted. That was made by ERD and I have heard their pricing is very good. Although I have not contacted them to ask about working with sims so I'm not sure if they do or not.

Here's a similar thin, milgrained bezel for an RB that I love:

Totally durable and perfect for everyday wear.

[-]
  •
12-17-2012, 12:38 PM,
(12-17-2012, 12:19 PM)MrsFloppy Wrote:
(12-17-2012, 12:14 PM)Anxiouslywaiting Wrote: Not too much of an expertise...Are you going to want it to be a diamond? Not sure if you are a bezel person, but there are a million different types of bezel rings that keep the stone protected....I am NO GURU!!!

Found this:

I was thinking bezel too, but most I do not find attractive. I did see this one which I actually do like:

Bezeled cushion

I THINK THAT IS PERFECT! Bezels don't HAVE to be round, or pave halo etc, I just picked out this baby for my BP OEC RHR in RG

Sold on Schubach :)
Visit this user's website