Lower colour diamond (or Moissy) in white halo?
[-]
  •
02-21-2014, 08:51 AM,
Lower colour diamond (or Moissy) in white halo?
I was wondering if anyone has a photo of a lower colour diamond or low colour Moissanite in a white diamond halo. I am torn between using the beautiful halo I already have for my new M/N OEC diamond or buying a new setting.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-21-2014, 09:17 AM,
RE: Lower colour diamond (or Moissy) in white halo?
@Shelley my emerald cut moissanite can go from I to K color according to my jeweler! It's mostly whiter, but here are some photos that you can see with contrast. I know my stone isn't as warm as yours, but you can get the idea. The melee is F/G colored - VERY white.

If you don't mind seeing some warmth you could always ask for warmer melee so the color variation isn't that stark. I love the warm in old cuts too!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

This is stone at it's worst in the car on a gloomy overcast day.

[-]
  •
02-21-2014, 09:23 AM,
When I look at your lovely ring I don't notice the difference in colour between the centre stone and the melee. I just see the complete ring, if that makes sense?!

If I get a new setting made there won't be a halo so I won't have to worry so much. I wish I could have the diamond sent to me first so I can decide but I really don't want to mess about with customs.

[-]
  •
02-21-2014, 09:54 AM,
Yep well I have seen lots of warmer stones with white melee not in a halo though. I'll try and find some more photos so you can compare, but chances are if you set in white metal is will help bring out the whiteness of the stone! Could you have a video take next to some melee that you plan to use in the setting in different lighting conditions?

[-]
  •
02-21-2014, 10:03 AM,
I would look at some JbEG rings. They have lots like that. Smile You will see some contrast sometimes, but sometimes will match well. oh! @SB Mischief also has a warm diamond in a white halo. I think she has a thread in the jewelry box.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
02-21-2014, 10:40 AM,
I've had a look through the JBEG rings. I don't think the colour difference would bother me but I can't be sure. But what's the worst thing that would happen? I wouldn't be happy and would buy a new setting Big Grin

[-]
  •
02-21-2014, 10:42 AM,
lol, true.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
02-21-2014, 01:56 PM,
I've been in search of these too, diamondbylauren has lots of lower colors in white halos, and if you sarch through ps theres also lots of good examples Smile i think if you get white melee you've got to be one who is ok with a little bit of contrast, amd I think it looks pretty!

[-]
  •
02-21-2014, 04:57 PM,
I've been online all day. . I've seen loads of beautiful rings. What a lovely way to spend a day! I don't mind the contrast at all. I already have the halo. I have a BTD sapphire in it at the minute. I'm not sure if I want to replace the sapphire with my new diamond.

The diamonds are very small so I probably won't see much of a difference in the two colours anyway.

[-]
  •
02-21-2014, 08:18 PM,
That setting would suit an old cut diamond very well. But also looks amazing as is. Will you alternate rings if you make another, or use this a rhr?

Joseph Schubach Jewelers