MDZ or ...
[-]
  •
10-12-2014, 12:05 AM,
MDZ or ...
el*jewelry? So I was browsing ebay tonight for giggles, and happened to notice that a LOT of very similar styles (as well as identical photography styles/set up) are the same between these two sellers on there. A couple items are for sure the same pieces (settings). I thought MDZ made its own stuff, but this makes me raise an eyebrow in curiosity. Dodgy

I noticed a couple other vendors that PSers frequent for some of their CS settings searches seem to operate under multiple names (or are also supplied by the same settings provider) because their stuff is the same, even how their ebay pages are laid out/look.

I am probably just slow on the uptake here, but ... Huh

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-12-2014, 06:14 AM,
RE: MDZ or ...
is it the sterling pieces? I found same thing on etsy and learned that they order the molds and cast their own SS pieces from them. I guess can be done with WG too?

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

*loving all things diamond, old and new, with art deco flare!
[-]
  •
10-12-2014, 06:40 AM,
(10-12-2014, 06:14 AM)ArtdecoLover71 Wrote: is it the sterling pieces? I found same thing on etsy and learned that they order the molds and cast their own SS pieces from them. I guess can be done with WG too?

It wasn't just the SS pieces, but the gold ones also. That would be plausible, but then several of the photos were the same or very similar also. Maybe they get both from the same place ... Not sure.

With another ebay seller PSers use for settings (lan.bo), I found the same situation with another/different seller also, and interestingly enough there was a notable price difference in identical items.

Mind you, I am not trying to discredit any of them, as they all seem to have good feedback and/or reviews from others who bought from them a few times. It just didn't make sense to me.

[-]
  •
10-12-2014, 06:45 AM,
I would actually just email Ilya and ask lol! Bc he's so honest!

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

[-]
  •
10-12-2014, 06:46 AM,
(10-12-2014, 06:45 AM)ArtdecoLover71 Wrote: I would actually just email Ilya and ask lol! Bc he's so honest!

He is a nice person! Maybe I will do that. It wasn't a huge issue for me though; just an odd observation. Wink

[-]
  •
10-12-2014, 04:30 PM,
I gotcha, but I'm sure he would tell you lol!