Medium blue sapphire asscher
[-] The following 1 user Likes EarthDiva's post:
  • Lorrissey
01-05-2014, 11:43 AM,
Medium blue sapphire asscher
So you ladies don't think I've been holding out, lol. I finally found a true medium-dark blue sapphire in a 10mm asscher. It's dark but doesn't black out indoors, is a true blue without as much violet as I was seeing in other stones and isn't too pale in sunlight.

And it was not expensive! I'm not really able to take good pics ever, let alone right now, but hope this gives an idea:

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
photo-3 by alexa.suez, on Flickr[/img]

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
photo-3 by alexa.suez, on Flickr

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slick's post:
  • moissypaws
01-05-2014, 11:46 AM,
RE: Medium blue sapphire asscher
Oh that is scrumptious! Love asscher cuts! That blue looks perfect! LoveLove
You certainly know how to pick winners and make them absolutely special. Can't wait to see how this comes together. Ideas? Popcorn

[-] The following 1 user Likes moissypaws's post:
  • Slick
01-05-2014, 11:49 AM,
Drool wow! Enjoy it! And I see the band, super sparkle!!!

[-]
  •
01-05-2014, 11:51 AM,
That is beautiful!

[-]
  •
01-05-2014, 11:51 AM,
(01-05-2014, 11:46 AM)Sandeek Wrote: Oh that is scrumptious! Love asscher cuts! That blue looks perfect! LoveLove
You certainly know how to pick winners and make them absolutely special. Can't wait to see how this comes together. Ideas? Popcorn

I'm not sure yet! I was almost thinking about a diamond halo a la @ JooJooBee4, because I don't currently own a halo and the juxtaposition between the clean line sparkle of the asscher with the twinkly halo is really nice.

Another idea is the milgrain bezel...maybe even in yellow gold if I can muster the courage. Ideas are welcome. Smile It will be a while before I'm able to set it anyway so I have lots of time to change my mind, lol.

[-]
  •
01-05-2014, 12:00 PM,
Thank you @MrsK, from one sapphire lover to another! It's a great blue.

@moissypaws - your ring is one of the few that will still fit me, lol.

[-]
  •
01-05-2014, 12:02 PM,
@EarthDiva It is amazing colour, velvety Heart and doesn't black out , that is most fantastic news!!!
I am useless at setting advice, all I can think of at the moment is "bezel" for absolutely everything...Toofunny

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
01-05-2014, 12:03 PM,
(01-05-2014, 12:00 PM)EarthDiva Wrote: Thank you @MrsK, from one sapphire lover to another! It's a great blue.

@moissypaws - your ring is one of the few that will still fit me, lol.

Yay!! Crackup

[-]
  •
01-05-2014, 12:09 PM,
(01-05-2014, 12:02 PM)sparkletiger Wrote: @EarthDiva It is amazing colour, velvety Heart and doesn't black out , that is most fantastic news!!!
I am useless at setting advice, all I can think of at the moment is "bezel" for absolutely everything...Toofunny

Thanks, ST! I'm feeling pretty "duh" lately and lacking creativity myself. Which is cool, I'll just enjoy all of ya'll and your projects for a while. Popcorn

[-]
  •
01-05-2014, 12:21 PM,
I love blue and asschers are my favorite! However asscher's are cut really deep so it might be hard to set into a ring unless you don't mind it hovering 8mm + above your finger. I personally wouldn't care at all, I'm a ring girl, but I know it isn't meant for everyone. I think a thin halo would look smashing. Especially with a beautiful undergalley!!! oh the wheels are turning in my head! Beautiful sapphire and I can't wait to see what you do with it!

The best things in life are free; the second best are expensive.
~Coco Chanel