Meet Alex!
[-]
  •
07-11-2014, 10:33 AM,
Big Grin  Meet Alex!
The first thing I MUST say about this ring is a huge thank you to @poppyseed & Alb Bighug for executing my vision so beautifully, and creating a gorgeous ring I will love & cherish for many years! The overall size & proportions are perfect for my finger & the stone. It is super comfortable, and really lets the alexandrite stand out beautifully! And the milgrain is so lovely & delicate, I could gobble it up! Drool This ring showcases the rich green color so beautifully, it kinda looks like a lusciously dark emerald. At some point I will do my best to capture the incandescent color change when I am in that lighting. For now, I have crap lighting in my office, and Alexandrites are a nightmare to photograph, but without further ado ...

Heeeeeeeere's Alex! Banana

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
07-11-2014, 10:35 AM,
RE: Meet Alex!
Congrats! What a lovely piece!

[-]
  •
07-11-2014, 10:50 AM,
WOW. Look at the gallery! Lots of gorgeous details to stare at! I hope you are thrilled with it, it's really pretty

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slick's post:
  • SWK1960
07-11-2014, 10:52 AM,
That's gorgeous! Just stunning. I love the stone, the gallery, the bezel, the milgrain, oh hell, I love everything about it! Wear it in much happiness.

[-]
  •
07-11-2014, 10:52 AM,
Can you add a handshot with the point turning downwards? I just want to see which I like better for when I get a pear!

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
07-11-2014, 10:54 AM,
DroolDroolDroolDrool I love it!!! Can you refresh my memory on the stats? What size is the Alex and diamond melee?

[-]
  •
07-11-2014, 11:04 AM,
Thx much ladies! Grouphug

@EarthDiva the Alex is 2.02 cts (and actually looks bigger to me now than before it was set). The diamonds I believe are around .40tcw but I need to confirm with @poppyseed. I didn't specify a requirement for their size; rather, I just wanted it to be proportionate and let the Alex be the star with some added "sparkle assistance". Smile

@Bling It On HYG:

[-]
  •
07-11-2014, 11:12 AM,
Wow! I have never seen an Alex that size, actually. You are a lucky lady. Smile

[-]
  •
07-11-2014, 11:21 AM,
(07-11-2014, 11:04 AM)SparkleFactor Wrote: Thx much ladies! Grouphug

@EarthDiva the Alex is 2.02 cts (and actually looks bigger to me now than before it was set). The diamonds I believe are around .40tcw but I need to confirm with @poppyseed. I didn't specify a requirement for their size; rather, I just wanted it to be proportionate and let the Alex be the star with some added "sparkle assistance". Smile

@Bling It On HYG:

This is the money shot! Yummy!!

[-]
  •
07-11-2014, 11:22 AM,
(07-11-2014, 11:12 AM)EarthDiva Wrote: Wow! I have never seen an Alex that size, actually. You are a lucky lady. Smile

Thank you. My man-princess bought it for me a little over a year ago after I pined over it for a few months ogling the pictures on the dealer's site. It's his birthstone, and it was supposed to be a surprise, but his grandma spilled the beans. LOL