Memorial Glass Jewelry
[-]
  •
11-30-2014, 11:46 PM,
Memorial Glass Jewelry
I'm having a glass cabochon infused with my fiance's later father's cremains and am planning on having a custom made ring similar to the one below which is an 11mm sapphire size 8. My fiance is a size 9.5-9.75.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

The glass cabochon will look like the one on the left and I also ordered it with the glow upgrade!

I'm waiting patiently for DK to respond regarding a quote and also for updates on my bezel ring. It's been since Nov 26....I emailed again Nov 29, I'm assuming the holiday rush slows communication down. Sad

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
12-01-2014, 10:50 AM,
RE: Memorial Glass Jewelry
I have never heard of that before. It sounds like a great idea though!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
12-01-2014, 11:28 AM,
That is really special and neat!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
12-01-2014, 01:49 PM,
That is really cool. I am intrigued by the bit about 'glow upgrade'. does that mean it glows in the dark?

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
12-01-2014, 06:48 PM,
(12-01-2014, 01:49 PM)OoohShiny Wrote: That is really cool. I am intrigued by the bit about 'glow upgrade'. does that mean it glows in the dark?

Yes it will glow under a black light and when charged like other glowing type jewelry. Christina of TogetherAgainGlass over at etsy is making it. I'm glad we read the packing instructions because it prepared us for bone fragments in the cremation remains. Christina has been wonderful and understanding, I felt an immediate connection with her and knew she was the right person for this project.

It has been 2 years since his father took his life and the journey to healing has not been easy but we are getting there and hope to find comfort in this project. I thought I could do it on my own but got tearful getting the ashes to pack so I spilled the beans and told my fiance who said he loved the idea and that it's still a surprise since he won't see it until it's done.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TogetherAgainG...eader-name

I stumbled upon this type of jewelry on accident while researching diamonds from cremains and first saw this which I really loved but felt the price was a little steep. Also, not sure if it's because of the holidays but they haven't responded to my requests for custom work. I'm thinking DK can make me something similar but more affordable and unique. Still waiting on a quote for his ring and my bezel ring though.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/209621823/s...e_active_7

[-]
  •
12-01-2014, 08:12 PM,
That is really fantastic @appletree I can't wait to see how this very emotional and sentimental piece turns out.

[-]
  •
12-23-2014, 01:06 AM,
A very emotional project but I'm happy to share this healing project with you guys

[-]
  •
12-23-2014, 03:52 AM,
Wow. That last photo looks like a planet, in a way.

I think this is really beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

[-] The following 1 user Likes appletree's post:
  • OoohShiny
12-23-2014, 04:25 AM,
(12-23-2014, 03:52 AM)OoohShiny Wrote: Wow. That last photo looks like a planet, in a way.

I think this is really beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Yes! That's the glow upgrade, it reminds us that he's watching from Heaven. I picked blue and aqua colors because my fiancé was taken to the beach/lakes almost weekly with his dad growing up. Those were his favorite memories Smile I'm also having Pandora style beads being made as heirlooms for our future family. For now I'm waiting patiently for it to arrive to have the ring made. Just looking at the finished glass piece brings us great comfort but also deep sadness at the same time. Its hard to explain. We think it can be my blue object for our wedding Wink

[-]
  •
12-23-2014, 05:57 AM,
@appletree - this is such a special project and I think it will be wonderful for you to use it as your blue object for your wedding. The cab does look like a planet - how fascinating!

Just wanted to let you know that I had the same issue with DK taking a long time to respond to emails. I sent several and heard nothing back even though I had worked with him on a few custom projects previously. When I eventually got through to him, he advised that somehow my most recent emails ended up in his junk/spam folder and he wasnt sure how. His advice was to call and follow him up if he didnt respond to any emails within a few days.

Do not hesitate to give him a call - he is lovely and this is a super special project and deserves attention so dont beat yourself up and wait for too long. His shop number is: (213) 489-4569. He also says on his Fbook page that he has been having email issues recently

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten