Milgrain needs to be fixed- What will that involve? Freaking out a little
[-]
  •
05-24-2014, 09:47 PM,
Milgrain needs to be fixed- What will that involve? Freaking out a little
[img]http:// Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com![/img]Here's the milgrain on the finished ring. It's the dash type of milgrain vs round beads. There is no way I can live with it. I told DK it's wrong and needs to be fixed. The original ring had the milgrain I asked for. I feel bad but I said I hate the dash type milgrain in an earlier email and specified the type of milgrain I wanted. I even included pics.

What will it take to make the ring have this type of milgrain? Will it compromise the bezel set stones?
[img]http:// Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com![/img]

Feeling bummed that the milgrain is wrong and aorried it will compromise the safety of the side stones and/or the milgrain will look like it's been "fixed" and it won't look like the original ring Sad

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-24-2014, 09:57 PM,
RE: Milgrain needs to be fixed- What will that involve? Freaking out a little
I'm confused. Which is the new ring? The first, or the second?

[-]
  •
05-24-2014, 10:00 PM,
I like the proportions much better in the new ring! One question...is the center stone set lower now or is it just a weird angle? I have no idea about the mil grain but I would think it could be redone. It looks better in the first ring, for sure.

[-]
  •
05-24-2014, 10:00 PM,
The new ring is the first image with the dash type milgrain. The older ring had the funky coloured moissy pears but with the milgrain she wanted

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
05-24-2014, 10:02 PM,
I guess I'm perplexed because I'd have called the second type "dash-like" and the first more of a bubble. I was caught up in semantics. Which is shocking. Hide

[-]
  •
05-24-2014, 10:24 PM,
@stardust - hmmmm good point! I do think the milgrain she prefers (I won't give it a name) in the second pic is more delicate and I prefer the milgrain on the older ring too.

@always - but as ED says, the proportions on the new ring are better and it more looks like a solitaire with side accents now. I'm not sure how this will impact the ring, have you asked DK about it?

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
05-24-2014, 10:32 PM,
The first pic is the new ring with the prongs I wanr (for the most part. They're not perfect, but close enough). The second pic is my old ring with different prongs, bigger sidestones and the milgrain I want the new ring to have.

I emailed DK today about changing the milgrain but haven't heard back yet, mot that I'd expect to since I just emailed him a couple hours ago. I just hope they can fix it without it looking fixed. I want the milgrain to be like the first ring's milgrain. It was beautiful.

Thanks for saying you like the proportions more. I do too. The size of the first ring's sidestones always bothered me. They're 5x3mm pears. The new ones are 4x2.75mm. The new ring's pear bezels are about 2mm more narrow than the original's.

[-]
  •
05-24-2014, 10:43 PM,
I wouldn't stress about it too much. I'm sure that since you were clear re: the style of mil grain you wanted, DK will make it right for you. I haven't worked with him but he has a stellar rep. Don't worry.

[-]
  •
05-25-2014, 06:20 AM,
First off, I love the proportions and color of the new pears. As for the milgrain I agree the first one looked better and I do think he can re do that. I also think it's so magnified that it won't look so noticeable IRL. But I'm sure he will fix that for you. He was super busy this week he told me so be patient. I actually called his store and he answered himself, so maybe try doing that after the long weekend if you haven't heard back. Good luck!

[-]
  •
05-25-2014, 07:01 AM,
@Slick thanks! The new pears are F color diamonds. The rounds are G, VS diamonds. My center is unenhanced but it's a great color. It faces up as an I. I am a teensy but worried it may be too warm for the F color sidestones, but I figured the yellow gold bezels would bring the whiteness down a shade or two.

I have never talked to him on the phone. Maybe I will give him a call if I haven't heard from him before Friday. I just want to make sure the milgrain looks like the first ring and doesn't look like it's been fixed.