Moissanite/Amora Gem
[-]
  •
04-20-2014, 08:37 AM,
Moissanite/Amora Gem
I have not yet seen an Amora Gem in person. For those of you who have seen or owned both Moissanite RB's and Amora Gem RB, please tell me your thoughts. I'm not necessarily interested in the color but the overall look of the stones compared.

I'm coming from the premise that 99.9% of folks cannot tell the difference between a good sim and a diamond.

So if you can put yourself in the non expert or non sparkly obsessed mode, I would be most interested in your thoughts from a casual observer perspective, at normal viewing distance, not by a sparkle expert, not under magnification.

Thanks Smile

Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-20-2014, 08:41 AM,
RE: Moissanite/Amora Gem
Are you thinking of getting one when the time comes, Poppy?

I'll be watching along! Did you see the thread comparing the asha and moissy?

http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-A-T...s-included

[-]
  •
04-20-2014, 08:46 AM,
(04-20-2014, 08:41 AM)stardust Wrote: Are you thinking of getting one when the time comes, Poppy?

I'll be watching along! Did you see the thread comparing the asha and moissy?

http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-A-T...s-included

haha Star, I'm always thinking of getting "something". I actually did read that thread, and it was very informative. I'm hoping to get some "non expert" reactions.

[-]
  •
04-20-2014, 08:48 AM,
sorry, that should have read asha and AMORA.

[-]
  •
04-20-2014, 11:47 AM,
To me, from a distance, my amoragem looked too white, and didn't have clear/sharp depth so it was just white white, like a cz. I believe it was an F color stone, IF clarity. I have had unenhanced RB,forever brilliant, and amora RB, and I think all 3 looked more diamond like from a distance than the amora did. The added bit of color from the moissy made it look more believeable (I had 6.5-8.5mm stones) at least in my eyes. Ireally liked my2nd hand, MrsK preloved, forever brilliant (picked by beth) the best out of all the stones I've ever had. HTH Poppy Smile

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • mmascall
04-20-2014, 12:33 PM,
I don't have an ag... but imo, if I were to see it in passing or while waiting a line somewhere I would assume it is a diamond. I tend to think any pretty white stone is a diamond. I am not one of those people that sees a larger and just thinks it is fake. So if it is pretty, I really don't question it. The only time I think it is not diamond is when it is a really poorly cut cz or something. To really notice the nuances of each stone, I think people need to have it closer, and be able to really have a good look.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
[-]
  •
04-20-2014, 05:01 PM,
I think it looks like a diamond on its own for sure. Next to other sims.. I think it looks different and sometimes plasticky. The only other thing I notice is that sometimes the AG I've seen don't look clear from a normal viewing distance.

I know everyone has different experiences.. But from a non expert perspective.. These are the only things that made the gems I've seen seem different.

[-]
  •
04-20-2014, 05:12 PM,
(04-20-2014, 05:01 PM)Venustar7 Wrote: I think it looks like a diamond on its own for sure. Next to other sims.. I think it looks different and sometimes plasticky. The only other thing I notice is that sometimes the AG I've seen don't look clear from a normal viewing distance.

I know everyone has different experiences.. But from a non expert perspective.. These are the only things that made the gems I've seen seem different.

You've had several AG's to compare amongst so definitely something to consider!

[-]
  •
04-27-2014, 04:35 PM,
I recently just saw a high quality moissanite next to my cushion AG. Both stones are beautiful, but the rainbow light that the moissy throws will give it away. BTW, I am the epitome of a non-expert.

[-]
  •
04-27-2014, 05:11 PM,
Thanks for the feedback ladies, just bought a hand picked regular moissanite, haven't gotten it yet. I think I will be satisfied with this one. I sort of think (just my own personal preference) that when the hearts and arrows in either a diamond or other stone are too prominent and large that it is distracting. I would prefer a well cut RB vs a true H&A cut.

here is a not so great photo of mine. Even with the glare on the table I can see this will be a nicely cut stone. The color is reported to be H/I cut from new rough.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I'm putting it into my baguette e-ring.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!