Moissanite Stain :(
[-]
  •
11-28-2014, 06:56 AM,
Moissanite Stain :(
Add me to the list...I have that weird stan thing happening to my OEC Moissy and I have tried toothpast and toothbrust, wright's silver cleaner with scrubber, and sunshine cloth and I can make the ring look better but cannot seem to get this "film" off the stone. I am trying to get a pic but it is so hard to photographSad It looks terrible and I am embarassed to show it off because it makes it look holographic!

Any other suggestions?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-28-2014, 08:43 AM,
RE: Moissanite Stain :(
Someone else on BTD mentioned Invisible Glass which is a glass cleaner for windshields. You can also have the stone polished to have it removed. Where did you buy the stone?

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
11-28-2014, 09:03 AM,
Got the stone originally at moissaniteco...wasnt in love with the palladium so had it reset into @s2kgurl lacey set. Have only worn it about 2 weeks! Here is the best pic i could get...it looks so ugly and i was so in love with itSad

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-]
  •
11-28-2014, 09:04 AM,
I should add it USED to be so white. I just polished with the silver cleaner last night. You can see the stain the best near the top of the stone in this pic.

[-]
  •
11-28-2014, 09:46 AM,
I used Bar keepers friend (its a very fine powder cleaner you mix with water to make a paste) worked like a charm on my Moissy...

[-]
  •
11-28-2014, 10:22 AM,
I'm sorry for you!
I wonder if some moissys are more prone to this than others. My new one hasn't gotten it..
However I have used the blue paste silver Polish on a cloth with some elbow grease and then wipe off, then use dawn detergent/hot water to get paste off. I have been successful in removing it from my previous oec moissy stone.
Good luck! Let us know how you do!

[-]
  •
11-28-2014, 12:05 PM,
My pink cushion got this. I ended up just sending it back to schubbie to remove it, but whatever method you use, you need to use a lot of elbow grease.... Sorry this happened!!! It is a pita for sure.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-28-2014, 06:00 PM,
Try magic eraser. One I got one from JS that had this and I removed most of it with a magic eraser.

There's broke....and then there is whatever I am...*cry*
[-]
  •
11-29-2014, 03:11 PM,
I read on another forum if you contact CC about it, they send out a polishing cloth that removes it.

Also.... What didn't you love about the palladium on a side note?

[-]
  •
11-29-2014, 04:09 PM,
I tried magic eraser that @jenncent suggested with no luck. My fiance has an auto shop and i tried his commercial glass cleaner with no luckSad I am at a loss of what to do! I have tried the sunshine polishing cloth but suppose i can call moissaniteco to see if what they have is different @dreamingofbling .

Also @dreamingofbling it is weird. My last ering was platinum and it was so bright and white and shiny so naturally i thought palladium was an economic choice so went with it...but the palladium was so dull looking to me especially next to any white gold. To my surprise it made me love the look of white gold (which i didnt think i liked) even more. Not sure if all palladium is like that but it wasnt the metal for me.