Moissy OEC v Moissy RB Fire
[-]
  •
12-04-2013, 02:02 AM,
Lightbulb  Moissy OEC v Moissy RB Fire
I am soon to embark on the project involving an FB OEC Moissy (6.5 mm).
In the past, I shied away from OEC because it was my impression that OEC cut is not as fiery as RB cut. However, I have found that people's opinions on this differ greatly.
Some say that OEC fire is greater than that of RB. I must admit, this video supports this point of view:

What has been your experience? How does the fire of OEC differs from that of RB?

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes mewt's post:
  • sparkletiger
12-04-2013, 02:18 AM,
RE: Moissy OEC v Moissy RB Fire
RB has more 'shinies', OEC has bigger 'shines'. I haven't gotten my OEC back yet so I can't compare at length, but from my brief time with it I can say I infinitely prefer the patterns of the OEC. and they are BOTH very extremely shiny, so I don't really miss the extra little shinies. gosh does that even make sense?!

[-] The following 2 users Like OoohShiny's post:
  • Purdy, sparkletiger
12-04-2013, 02:41 AM,
I think the RB has more splintery shine, but the OEC is very, very sparkly I assure you!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bling It On's post:
  • sparkletiger
12-04-2013, 03:17 AM,
Hey good thread ST, if I don't go the oval BP route, I'm definitely interested in getting an OEC moissy next year to add to my collection so will be following what unfolds here......

[-] The following 2 users Like Galateia's post:
  • Dragonfly, sparkletiger
12-04-2013, 03:30 AM,
I ordered one of each, an RB and an OEC, to see which one I liked. Although the RB glittered more with white splinters of flash, the OEC had big, chunky fire. I'm a colours/fire girl through and through, so it was no contest and I returned the RB. So if seeing a million colours in your stone vs white flash is what you like (the more colour the better for me! LoveLove) then I'd definitely go OEC.

[-]
  •
12-04-2013, 03:41 AM,
OMG! I can't believe how mistaken I was ! I just read somewhere that RB cut is the fieriest, then cushion comes next, etc. But that must have been written before the OECs came along. The video and what you guys are saying definitely makes sense: chunkier facets, chunkier fire!! I am a fire freak, so that makes me even more excited about my first OEC Moissy!

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slick's post:
  • sparkletiger
12-04-2013, 05:15 AM,
@sparkletiger this new project sounds exciting. I do truly just love the faceting and chunkiness of my OEC. So happy I found the OEC. It's got so much personality. Thanks for the video. Smile

[-] The following 3 users Like LaurieLee's post:
  • diamonds247, sparkletiger, stardust
12-04-2013, 05:52 AM,
Having owned both round brilliant moissanite and OEC moissanite the OEC to me has a much calmer subdued sparkle.. The RB is the disco ball crazy insane sparkle of cuts in a moissanite stone..;-)..And to me the OEC is its quieter calmer sister.. To me...they are total
Opposites.... They are both beautiful in their individual ways..one having splintery glittery full on disco ball in your face sparkle..;-)..And the other flashes of pastel light instead of the crazy disco ball sparkle..;-).. To my eye..the RB has more fire than the OEC.. I do love both .. There was a wonderful discussion on here concerning the 2 cuts.. I will see if I can find it..

[-] The following 1 user Likes LaurieLee's post:
  • sparkletiger
12-04-2013, 05:59 AM,
This is SO well written ..:-)..and I hope Hadley doesn't mind that I copied her review here to be read once again....... to me it says it all and with excellent pictures too!.. She hit the nail On the head describing and comparing the 2 stones..:-).. I loved reading this when it was first posted....and wanted to share it so it could be read once again since this subject comparing the RB and OEC was brought up again :-)

http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-Amo...ith-photos

[-] The following 1 user Likes Dragonfly's post:
  • sparkletiger
12-04-2013, 06:04 AM,
(12-04-2013, 05:52 AM)LaurieLee Wrote: Having owned both round brilliant moissanite and OEC moissanite the OEC to me has a much calmer subdued sparkle.. The RB is the disco ball crazy insane sparkle of cuts in a moissanite stone..;-)..And to me the OEC is its quieter calmer sister.. To me...they are total
Opposites.... They are both beautiful in their individual ways..one having splintery glittery full on disco ball in your face sparkle..;-)..And the other flashes of pastel light instead of the crazy disco ball sparkle..;-).. To my eye..the RB has more fire than the OEC.. I do love both .. There was a wonderful discussion on here concerning the 2 cuts.. I will see if I can find it..

I agree 100% Smile

"Don't worry, be happy!"