Moissy baguettes?
[-]
  •
05-04-2013, 11:37 AM,
Moissy baguettes?
Anyone know if moissy comes in regular baguettes? I haven't been able to find them anywhere, but I thought I read something about tapered bags being available. I'm curious about regular, untapered.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-04-2013, 11:41 AM,
RE: Moissy baguettes?
I looked into this a few months ago. They are available non-tapered, in only two sizes that I now can't remember. Maybe 2.5x5 and 3x6? Poppyseed knows for sure, and I think Jenn knows, too.

The cut didn't appeal to me at all because I was really after a step cut. It's kind of a scissor cut. Even at that small size, I couldn't bring myself to non-step cut the setting I was after.

I scrounged up two photos from my research folder at the time...

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
05-04-2013, 11:49 AM,
Thanks! I keep coming back to that gorgeous ring of Kate Beckinsale's - the bezel-set eternity with the alternating baguettes and rounds - and I'd love to recreate it with moissy. Not sure if it would be better to just use east-west radiants in the smallest size...

[-]
  •
05-04-2013, 12:28 PM,
I'm thinking that the scissor cut would be fine for what I'm looking to do. I usually dislike baguettes bcs of their lack of sparkle, so maybe that type of cut would appeal to me more.

This is the ring I love:

I just love that stack.

I'm seeing different moissanite baguette stuff online though - are there two types?

I'm seeing this:
http://www.amazon.com/Moissanite-Baguett...B007QEHU56 (OMG the color)

And this:
http://www.moissaniteco.com/4x2mm-straig...-8951.html

The prices are also drastically different, which makes me wonder if there are 2 types out there.

I think the band would be really pretty with 2mm rounds and baguettes, since they seem to be 2mm wide.

[-]
  •
05-04-2013, 12:52 PM,
I had three vendors tell me that the straight cut diagramed in MoCo's photo doesn't actually exist. Instead, they are cut like the photo on the Amazon page.

Holy brown on the Amazon page, by the way. That was another red flag for me -- they weren't available in FB enhanced, and I know how blech fancy cuts are in unenhanced Moissy. I don't know if that holds any water at all, or if it's just paranoia.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
05-04-2013, 01:15 PM,
Hmm I wonder if they'd look like the marquises you got. Oh dear.

I've loved that band for a long time but just don't want to do diamonds. I was hoping it could work with moissy...

[-]
  •
05-04-2013, 01:44 PM,
We were able to get FB baguettes recently, and the color is ok, see link. They are scissor cut though not true step. The prob is they only come in two sizes.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=578...8657706433

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
05-04-2013, 02:09 PM,
We have used them, FBs too. I think they are pretty, and the colour is good. There is a radiant 3 stone on our YouTube page using them. Wink I am on my phone, or I would post a link.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
05-04-2013, 02:42 PM,
Would you ladies say they look better than the marquises?

[-]
  •
05-04-2013, 03:40 PM,
I couldn't open the facebook link earlier - Poppyseed, those look pretty good! I think they'd look nice with little RBs, or even oecs. What sizes do they come in? I saw 2x4 online but didn't see anything else.

Jenn, I saw that one, the color looked good. That one had the tapered bags, right?

Now I really want to do this ring lol.