Moissy from India on EBay?
[-]
  •
08-16-2014, 08:25 AM,
Moissy from India on EBay?
Curiosity has gotten the best of me and I have ordered some "off white" Moissy from India on eBay Got two stones coming both vvs1 one with a green tint and the other with a yellow. Anyone else?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
08-16-2014, 09:25 AM,
RE: Moissy from India on EBay?
I bought an off white one sent it back, it was not good, in fact very bad cut and polish were exceptionally bad. A friend bought a grey one and a yellow one and loved them. Hit or miss I think. I hope you get lucky!!

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-16-2014, 09:38 AM,
Of course I spent nominal amounts for the stones so I am not expecting much, but I figured meh why not! Ha!

[-]
  •
08-16-2014, 01:12 PM,
I bought a pretty blue one off there, the cut is decently good and the color is very pretty, polish is good too. Mine is color treated though, not native grown.

[-]
  •
08-16-2014, 01:16 PM,
(08-16-2014, 01:12 PM)MissCassie Wrote: I bought a pretty blue one off there, the cut is decently good and the color is very pretty, polish is good too. Mine is color treated though, not native grown.

Pictures would be super cool & appreciated! Popcorn

[-]
  •
08-16-2014, 01:32 PM,
I've seen those, always been curious so yes please everyone post pics if you've got em!Smile

[-]
  •
08-16-2014, 05:36 PM,
I started the process of buying one, then...

1) Found they were using a DBL photo of a yellow diamond,
2) Canceled my order and asked for a photo of the actual item before going ahead with the purchase,
3) They overrode my cancelation and charged my PayPal account, didn't send a real photo,
4) Eventually they sent an actual item photo and it was totally green (not a hint of yellow) and cut super wonky,
5) Asked for a refund a few more times, got no response,
6) Filed a claim with eBay,
7) About 10 more emails to them and eBay to finally get a refund.

That said, I know a couple others who have gotten good stuff from them. I've come to the conclusion that it's really a crap shoot.

Also, there are several eBay sellers in India, but if you read the descriptions and fine print, it's pretty easy to see they're all the same business listing things under different seller names. Not that there's only ONE, but I was able to whittle down only one.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
08-16-2014, 11:15 PM,
Here is a link to the thread I posted pictures in. I still haven't set the stone, if I get my Amora Gem OEC and love it, settings for that and my blue moissy will have to wait until next year, but if I don't love it and need to send it back, the funds will go towards new stud earrings and getting this baby set!

http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-My-blue-moissanite

[-]
  •
08-17-2014, 07:31 AM,
I think the seller you used @MissCassie is one that has nicer stones. They have some "off whites" listed for $149 and up with the ability to offer but they didn't take my offer and I wasn't about to pay that much. HA! I promise I will take lots of pictures for y'all when they get here.