Moissy pave, anyone?
[-]
  •
03-14-2013, 08:08 PM,
Moissy pave, anyone?
Does anyone here have moissy pave in a ring? I so love the way the tiny moissy in my halo ring looks. I keep wanting to get a ring with moissy pave but it doesn't seem to be working out ... with my wedding ring DK said it looked too yellow and now with my garnet ring Poppy says it's too brittle to set pave. I'm okay with diamonds obviously but I really love the way moissanite looks in small sizes. Is this just not done?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-14-2013, 09:41 PM,
RE: Moissy pave, anyone?
I know we have done it, but it is more brittle. We prefer to use single cut diamonds, it is the same price point. And moissy melee are single cuts too.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-15-2013, 05:46 AM,
I have it in one of my rings. So it can be done.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
03-15-2013, 09:42 AM,
I think setting them brightcut pave style would protect them enough. That is how MrsK's are I think too.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
03-16-2013, 10:55 AM,
It can be done, but it is more difficult than setting diamonds as Moissanite is more brittle and fragile than diamonds when setting pave. We prefer to set diamonds pave style vs Moissanite as Moissanite is difficult to set by hand, and in the end the labor costs and buying extra stones for breakage risk make it almost the same price as diamond pave.

Once set they are probably not a whole lot more fragile than diamonds, it is in the act of setting them that is the risk for breakage.

Our pave is all done by hand. My guess is that some Moissanite pave is machine set.

[-]
  •
03-24-2013, 09:24 PM,
Mike from MoCo recently said that moissy pave is now full cut rounds. That's good, right?

http://betterthandiamond.com/discussion/...Post807959

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
03-24-2013, 10:19 PM,
some people like full cuts, some like single cuts. Technically, they should be more sparkly. But according to some, our eyes cannot pick up all the sparkles in such small stones, so single cuts are better, as we can see the flashes more clearly. I think you aren't really going to notice as it is all so sparkly with moiss anyway, lol.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
03-24-2013, 10:35 PM,
Yeah, that's true. Moissy is sparkly in any size really.

[-]
  •
03-25-2013, 10:02 AM,
how tiny? I have a band with 2mm moissanite and adore it. It sparkles like crazy. A lot more then my diamonds ever did.

[-]
  •
03-25-2013, 06:38 PM,
SparklyBlonde, I am thinking 2mm for my band too. Do you have any pictures?

I keep fighting with myself on this one. I know diamonds would be easier, but I loooove moissanite. I don't love my diamond wedding band. I like it, because it's my wedding band. But the diamonds just don't do it for me. : /