Moissanite OEC
82.35%
14 82.35%
Amora Gem
17.65%
3 17.65%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

More diamond like? Moissanite OEC or Amora Gem?
[-]
  •
05-06-2014, 10:51 PM,
More diamond like? Moissanite OEC or Amora Gem?
Hi... For moissanite oec and amora gem owners, which stone do you think is more diamond-like? I know the cut is totally different, but like say comparing a moissanite oec to a diamond oec and comparing an amora h&a to a diamond h&a, which is more similar to the real thing? I've never owned a moissanite nor an amora, so I'm just curious. I am really looking to having an amora gem but I'm concerned about it's whiteness. I prefer warmer colored stones. Though, BTD has an H colored stone, but I have a feeling it will still look very white. Also, I'm kind of concerned about the cut of h&a as it looks so pronounced in the pics... Any feedback would be great!

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bling It On's post:
  • mmascall
05-07-2014, 04:19 AM,
RE: More diamond like? Moissanite OEC or Amora Gem?
@Lcm - I don't think there are many ladies here on TFL with both the Amora gem AND moissanite OEC so you might find it hard to get someone's opinion on a comparison of the two. There are lots of ladies with the Amora gem and lots of ladies with moissy OEC but not both

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
05-07-2014, 06:38 AM,
@Lcm I only have experience with OECs! If you want warmth then an unenhanced OEC is the way to go!

[-]
  •
05-07-2014, 06:41 AM,
I've never owned OEC diamonds. Though, I have owned OEC moissanite. Still, I cannot compare having never seen an OEC diamond in person.

From what I've read here and on BTD, OEC moissy looks very diamond like.

[-]
  •
05-07-2014, 08:32 AM,
I had both the AG and moissanite OEC. The OEC was much more diamond like, it was just a very warm diamond. I would have absolutely kept it, but it didn't match the color of the diamonds in my wedding band. But in terms of cut and optics, it was very diamond like. Not 100%, but much closer than an AG.

[-]
  •
05-07-2014, 08:41 AM,
I believe @Venustar7 had both an AG and an OEC moissanite as well.

[-]
  •
05-07-2014, 09:18 AM,
Thank you for the feedback everyone.

[-]
  •
05-07-2014, 09:50 AM,
The OEC is a dead ringer for a comparable diamond. The manager at my favorite jeweler has a honkin' OEC from her grandmother. She let me try it on and there was no difference between hers and my moissy OEC.

[-]
  •
05-07-2014, 09:53 AM,
I haven't seen an OEC diamond in real life, but I remember in this thread http://betterthandiamond.com/discussion/...s/786022/1 that it looked a lot like the OEC Amora Moissanite.

[-]
  •
05-07-2014, 10:47 AM,
I've had both and many stones of each type and I definitely believe the OEC is more diamond like overall. In my opinion, the facets in a diamond bounce light back in a very similar way to oec moissanite.. But not like the Amora Gem. I found the AG to look lifeless in comparison. It was also hard for me to get the big fast fire flashes I've grown to love from diamonds and moissanite and even CZ with the AG. However, if you want a modern cut sim, the Asha or AG would be better bets. The moissanite cut is not there YET..soon I hope.