More engagement ring issues...*sigh*
[-]
  •
01-30-2014, 11:27 PM,
More engagement ring issues...*sigh*
Well. The good news is that we're actively planning to purchase now! Yayyyyyy! This is a long time coming and is a major breakthrough.

HOWEVER. I had fallen in love with a Rosado's Box ring on Etsy and though it was "The One" but SO is not thrilled with the idea and is extremely concerned with the quality and longevity of the ring.

He would rather spend extra money to get a big name brand and the peace of mind that comes with that sort of quality. He'd also prefer a diamond center stone, at least a carat, but doesn't quite comprehend that the diamond would take up the entire budget... I'm still in love with moissy though.

So it looks like we're back to looking for rings unless we decide to go completely custom.

I still love this Gabriel and Co ring but I can't take my mind off of the beautiful halo with the airline (which SO hates and thinks looks too delicate to hold up).

Are there any other brands we should be looking into? I don't think he's keen on buying completely online.

1) My favorite from Rosado's Box on Etsy: Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

2) His favorite, Gabriel and Co: Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

3) Another inspiration ring: http://www.pricescope.com/blog/jewel-wee...ushion-cut

Totally lost here, ladies.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-31-2014, 01:31 AM,
RE: More engagement ring issues...*sigh*
I wanted to comment that I love BOTH rings.

I think the first seems fairly sturdy, and I doubt that the airline renders it too delicate, I can see that it has multiple join sites. The Gabriel and co one is lovely, and I can see why your partner is enamored with it.

See, look at me being absolutely no use! Hopefully others will chime in. Goodluck, I hope you can get something you both love, custom might be the best route!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
01-31-2014, 01:35 AM,
I'm in love with Gabriel & co, such pretty settings. Maybe check out artcarved as well, they make some beautiful rings.

[-]
  •
01-31-2014, 08:13 AM,
(01-31-2014, 01:31 AM)OoohShiny Wrote: I wanted to comment that I love BOTH rings.

I think the first seems fairly sturdy, and I doubt that the airline renders it too delicate, I can see that it has multiple join sites. The Gabriel and co one is lovely, and I can see why your partner is enamored with it.

See, look at me being absolutely no use! Hopefully others will chime in. Goodluck, I hope you can get something you both love, custom might be the best route!

Aw man. I think he's mostly nervous about the quality of an individual seller versus the big name company. He feels more secure purchasing through what's basically a corporation and a jeweler which I don't blame him for but I still love the Rosado's Box ring. He's also nervous about having to put 50% of the money down to start the CAD process without seeing a tangible ring.

[-] The following 1 user Likes JooJooBee4's post:
  • MicheleZ
01-31-2014, 08:23 AM,
I love the Gabriel setting!! Would you consider maybe going the custom route to get exactly what you want? It depends on the vendor, but some do not even require a deposit while others require a small deposit, but not 50% down.

[-]
  •
01-31-2014, 08:34 AM,
(01-31-2014, 08:23 AM)JooJooBee4 Wrote: I love the Gabriel setting!! Would you consider maybe going the custom route to get exactly what you want? It depends on the vendor, but some do not even require a deposit while others require a small deposit, but not 50% down.

I think we might have to! There is only one Gabriel and Co authorized vendor in our city so I suppose we'll start there but we do have a jeweler that I really love and does custom work. I had always considered Schubach's and David Klass but future hubby is wary of buying online without seeing a tangible ring (which I find hilarious since his job consists of selling items online).

[-] The following 1 user Likes MicheleZ's post:
  • MrsK
01-31-2014, 08:36 AM,
Custom all the way.

There's broke....and then there is whatever I am...*cry*
[-]
  •
01-31-2014, 08:50 AM,
(01-31-2014, 01:35 AM)SparkleDancer Wrote: I'm in love with Gabriel & co, such pretty settings. Maybe check out artcarved as well, they make some beautiful rings.

This ArtCarved one is pretty! I don't think you could do a cushion in it though. Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-]
  •
01-31-2014, 11:00 AM,
(01-31-2014, 08:36 AM)MicheleZ Wrote: Custom all the way.

In your experience, does custom tend to break the bank? I was hoping to stay under $3K with a 6mm cushion FB moissy center stone but SO is willing to pay more for quality.

[-]
  •
01-31-2014, 11:07 AM,
It depends on who you get to do the custom work and how much pave you want on it etc. and if it is hand forged versus cast. You'd need to have a general idea of what you want and then you can ask for quotes from various vendors.

There's broke....and then there is whatever I am...*cry*