My AVC is here!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like ohsnapdragon's post:
  • CricketBug, mmascall
11-22-2014, 09:20 AM,
My AVC is here!!!
It's gorgeous ... it's a 1.16 K Si2. I was concerned about the color but it is absolutely beautiful. Faces up very white in some light and like an ivory lace in others if that makes sense. Definitely not yellow, not even cream. Here are some quick pictures - I'll be working on taking better ones in different light! (PS why are bathrooms so nice for taking pictures of sparklies???) It looks warmer in these pics than it does in real life.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I have a video coming but it's converting.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-22-2014, 09:23 AM,
RE: My AVC is here!!!
That is just a simply yummy stone!! Can't wait for more pics HeartHeart

[-]
  •
11-22-2014, 09:25 AM,
That is lovely and beautiful! Now the fun of setting it!

There's broke....and then there is whatever I am...*cry*
[-]
  •
11-22-2014, 10:10 AM,
Yay it got here safe and it's gorgeous! If that's warmer than real life then it is amazing! I love antique stones with a hint of gorgeous ivory and the faceting is perfection! I'm in love with this big bold flashes, especially the pastel rainbows in the first and fourth pic! Congrats! Are you over the moon?

[-]
  •
11-22-2014, 10:27 AM,
I love the shape and proportions of that cushion, and the faceting pattern! I can't wait to see how you set this beauty. Smile

[-]
  •
11-22-2014, 10:31 AM,
wow, that was worth the wait! it's just beautiful! I can't wait to see the video.

[-]
  •
11-22-2014, 10:35 AM,
Here is a quick video, though it's really hard to capture the sparkle:
https://vimeo.com/112572463?utm_source=e...cwMQ%3D%3D

Again, it looks way warmer in this video than in real life. Not sure why.

Just got back from my jeweler and we looked at it with a microscope to make sure it didn't have chips, cracks, etc. I got to see all the inclusions. There are actually several but it's totally eye clean so I don't really care. I love it a lot!

I'm setting it in a petal basket three stone setting with half moon sides as my partner has a moon-related nickname. I'll post sketches later. I won't see the actual ring until our wedding in June! So I have another long wait coming up...

[-]
  •
11-22-2014, 10:35 AM,
gorgeous!!

[-]
  •
11-22-2014, 11:12 AM,
Okay here are some more, hopefully better pics. Still not capturing all the pastel flashes and fire that I see in real life though. The facets are just so yummy...

From left to right: cheap uber white CZ, AVC, unenhanced OEC moissanite, unenhanced RB moissanite

Same order.

Same order. None of them looked as yellow in real life as they do in this pic.

Now that I know what to look for I just realized I can actually see one of the inclusions (a black speckle, smaller than a grain of pepper) in pictures and when I hold it about a foot from my face. But I don't think it will affect my love of the stone at all. And hey, if it wasn't for the inclusions I couldn't afford this AVC at all so I am grateful for them! Lol.

I also have a better video uploading that I will post soon. Now I have to put down the sparklies and go help my partner with the chores! : ) Thanks everyone for the compliments, I agree it was well worth the wait.

[-]
  •
11-22-2014, 11:14 AM,
That is quite beautiful. Glad it makes you so happy!