My Betty Draper set
[-] The following 2 users Like Lorrissey's post:
  • moissypaws, mrsmay07
01-09-2014, 12:28 PM,
My Betty Draper set
I have several new things to share, but I will start here.

There was a steal of deal on a PD setting on DB, but it housed a pink OEC CZ. I'm no pink girl, but it was such a good deal I had to pounce.

DK sourced the 10mm RB CZ currently in the setting. He also fixed the bulky prongs (without me even asking) and voila! Betty was born.

The funny thing is I have never been into 6-prong settings. But figured here was my chance to try it out. and I FREAKING LOVE IT! I love the simplicity and how classic it looks and above all how comfortable it is. It is informing my decision on how to set the AG krupps.

The only issues I have are the 10mm size. I'm getting used to it for sure, but there are definitely some places that I do not sport this set at. Somehow this one just looks HUGE. Jules and Bella were bigger overall, but no one ever commented on the size of those. But the second I wore this one to work, my co-worker was like DUDE, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I still can't figure out why this one seems so much bigger despite being simpler and smaller overall.

ok... pics.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-09-2014, 12:33 PM,
RE: My Betty Draper set
that is so fab! I think the size is great, lol. And the cut on the cz is great!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-09-2014, 12:42 PM,
I love that! It looks great and had the perfect finger coverage. Are you going to stick with the CZ or upgrade to a RB moissy!?

[-]
  •
01-09-2014, 12:49 PM,
That's gorgeous @Lorrissey! I agree, it really does seem much larger than a similarly sized bezel. That's interesting. I have recently discovered a new love and appreciation for the simple solitaire, too! I remember that setting on DB - what a killer deal you got, girl. DK did a lovely job on the prongs.

[-]
  •
01-09-2014, 01:00 PM,
Yes, this set is really beautiful!

There's broke....and then there is whatever I am...*cry*
[-]
  •
01-09-2014, 01:37 PM,
Mmm...delicious. Maybe with such a simple setting and no bezel it draws more attention to the sheer size of the stone? That's a great cz he sourced and I lurrve the setting.

[-] The following 1 user Likes PimpMyRing's post:
  • Lorrissey
01-09-2014, 01:43 PM,
That cz is amazing! Very simple but sleek and stunning! And can I add, @Lorrissey, I've missed seeing your posts!

[-]
  •
01-09-2014, 02:19 PM,
Gorgeous. I was just thinking about you yesterday, so thrilled to see you here with a new pretty!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-] The following 3 users Like Lorrissey's post:
  • JuBe, moissypaws, PimpMyRing
01-09-2014, 02:26 PM,
awww... thanks, PMR! I've got more stuff to post, I just .... got.... lazy... LOL. my drive to do photo shoots, upload, resize, etc. etc. is at an all time low.

But a small snippet of my goings on include:
-selling Lux to fund a bigger Lux
-returning bigger Lux because the stones just didn't do it for me. *sniff sniff* makes me sad for selling smaller Lux, but I'm glad it went to a good home and it frees up more cash for AG Krupps.
-18k yg martini 5mm studs
-8mm OEC CZ antique ring
-white ripple pearl drops to wear with studs
-white ripple pearl pendant (which I have already managed to mangle a bit. pretty sure it was the time I spilled wine on myself ---- it happens. I've been scared to tell battah because I managed to mangle my peacock tin cup too (which she fixed right away). I'm thinking I'll just order another pendant if/when this one gets really bad. wine spills are bound to keep happening. please no judgments!
-Fireball pendant on the way
-and now I'm just trying to stay focused on AG krupps. Any day now.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Circe's post:
  • Lorrissey
01-09-2014, 04:18 PM,
Ooo, I love how this looks on you! It's a very gracefully executed setting, and I think the size looks fabulous. ;p