My H&A moissy arrived...
[-] The following 2 users Like miss_michele's post:
  • mmascall, Sparkledreamer
07-02-2014, 06:29 PM,
Star  My H&A moissy arrived...
Got my h&a moissy today! I signed up just so I could help anyone who may be considering one, so please excuse any newbie mistakes in posting Wink I already have a 1.5 Amora moissy that I got engaged with back in 2012, but I've always had a soft spot for the h&a cut. When I saw over the weekend this new cut was available, I snagged one as fast as I could.

Right out of the box I could really see the difference between the H color 1.5 ct amora and J color 2ct FB moissy. I'm pretty color sensitive although I don't mind a little warmth in trade off for more sparkle and larger size. In some light is was pretty white, while in others you can really see it's still significantly warmer. I also noticed the cut didn't look all that different than my RB. I know some ladies don't like it when a stone is all h&a in your face, but I do and even in the photos I took you can hardly see it. I don't know a lot about specs and such, I just like sparkly things Smile

I played with it for a while in different lighting and I do really like it, but decided to order the Amora Ultra Gem as well before I make a return. I will compare all three and then decide what to keep. It should be here next week and if anyone's interested, I can update Smile

I used the stones I already had to try and show some sort of comparison/reference for color and sparkly factor. The four prong solitaire is my Amora moissy, the eternity is a memoire diamond band, and the yellow gold ring is my mom's original diamond.

I have always found reviews and comparisons helpful so I wanted to give back Smile It's what made me choose a moissanite when I got engaged. Would love to hear you thoughts! So far undecided.

I did my best to capture the stones, but nothing beats seeing them in real life...

In the sun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXmJHb_VJ50

After the fog rolled in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjRaK5n8B60

Ambient indoor daylight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H68LVWO8qDo

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
07-02-2014, 08:41 PM,
RE: My H&A moissy arrived...
Thanks for your review. I'm really appreciative that you registered as a member just to help us out. I'm one of those waiting for reviews on the new H&A. I can see the color difference in the 3rd photo. You will be the first to do a comparison on the AG vs the new h&a moissy. Waiting in anticipation! Hope you find something you love most in this process!

[-] The following 1 user Likes JuBe's post:
  • Sparkledreamer
07-02-2014, 09:40 PM,
Thank you so much for sharing!

The biggest difference I can see is the faceting is much nicer and cleaner on the h&a stone. It's beautiful.

[-]
  •
07-02-2014, 10:02 PM,
(07-02-2014, 09:40 PM)JuBe Wrote: Thank you so much for sharing!

The biggest difference I can see is the faceting is much nicer and cleaner on the h&a stone. It's beautiful.

Yes! I see what Jube sees as well........ the facets are crisper and more defined in the Heart and Arrow Moissanite..... Its a Beautiful stone! thanks for sharing your pictures...:-)

[-]
  •
07-02-2014, 10:38 PM,
I totally agree that the cut is superior, but I'm just having a hard time with the color being more buttery irl compared to my Amora moissy. I do love moissy, but for this next project I did want something a bit whiter. Definitely can't wait to see how the AG compares!

[-] The following 1 user Likes idahosubaru's post:
  • mmascall
07-02-2014, 10:58 PM,
Lovely stone! And I do not mind the color at all.

[-]
  •
07-03-2014, 05:21 AM,
Thank you for sharing these pictures. I do think the cut is superior, but I can see how the color might seem a little warm. Does it face up white most times, especially when not in comparison to the amora moissy? I like the size on you too! What will you do?

[-]
  •
07-03-2014, 06:58 AM,
Love the H&A moissy but I can see that it is warmer in comparison to the Amora moissy. I don't mind warmer stones but they are not for everyone. Perhaps the colour wont be so noticeable on its own? I'm looking forward to your comparison of the AG and the H&A moissy.

[-] The following 1 user Likes miss_michele's post:
  • mmascall
07-03-2014, 08:24 AM,
I've done some more reading and I think for me to be fair to the stone, I need to see what is looks like in a setting. I'm a very visual person so seeing the h&a stone directly on my skin or on the white paper didn't help matters. It's darn near impossible to show in a pic the true buttery color/tint of the stones. They all photograph so white! Over on BTD Less says that a white gold setting will make a moissy look 1-2 shades lighter. I also found a thread in WB where lots of women showed pics of their J colored diamonds and they all looked pretty white. I ordered a few stone holders with the AG so when I compare them all side by side it will be on a more level playing field it think. Gah! Can't wait for it to be next week already Wink

[-]
  •
07-03-2014, 09:15 AM,
Wow, a setting can affect the color that significantly? I would not have guessed 1-2 shades, that is pretty significant! How exciting to be able to compare them all and pick what you love the most!