My Honker Tahitians
[-] The following 2 users Like Bluespawkles's post:
  • Enkay, Lorrissey
12-19-2014, 05:56 PM,
My Honker Tahitians
Wow. It seems like I always have a story when I put photos up. In this case, I've been stalking this strand online for a while. I had low expectations. It seemed like it had amazing color for large pearls (in tahitians they tend to get much less colorful as they get bigger because the pearl is older at that point). Even though the vender said rounds and semi-rounds, I thought, naw, not for that price. I was expecting heavily blemished semi-baroques. At these sizes, I wouldn't have minded.
When I took it out of the box, I was like....Shocked and then Dood and then Hurh and then acceptance set in and I was like Sparkles
So round. So lustrous. So huge. I turned to hubby and was like, um, do we have any fancy costume balls coming up? Like, where a queen would be? They are colorful like I expected, but without the funky shapes I was expecting, they look so formal lol. They do a funny thing in photos where they don't look as round as they are. This is seriously the first time pearls blew away a vendor photo for me.
Some of the pics I took show this and make them look less round (like the one on the small neck stand that is not normal human neck size) so I took other pics to show the distortion. Some are round, some are semi round. But on the neck with the luster, they just look like huge, glowing balls. The neck shots are awful lighting but just to show scale. Because they are...
12-15 MM
Holy cow! For reference, my other tahitians range from 8.5-12 on all strands. I have a loose 14.3mm tahitian for a pendant, but that's it.
I can't get my lightbox to behave, and my house is dark, so sorry, I couldn't really show the color well. But man. I just got to figure out if I have the guts to wear these out of the house or if these are more of a 'my precioussssss' alone on my bed kind of deal.
P.s. the pics are awful quality because my compy is having issues. But you get the idea.
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
12-19-2014, 06:12 PM,
RE: My Honker Tahitians
Those are seriously amazing!!!!! Heart You scored big time with those!!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
12-19-2014, 06:13 PM,
I'm still expecting the vendor to contact me frantically saying she sent the wrong strand.
But in the meantime... Sparkles
Do you think these go well with yoga and pajama pants? Because I'm not fond of grown up clothing.

[-]
  •
12-19-2014, 06:21 PM,
Oh @Bluespawkles I am in love with these! I am so excited for you, these are a dream strand!

If you get a second can you PM me the vendor details? Not that I *cough* need anymore pearls, I am just so darn impressed!!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
12-19-2014, 07:33 PM,
YIKES!!!!! LoveLove @Bluespawkles! These are gorgeous! I'd be wearing these anywhere, everywhere, with zero problem. Yoga pants? Yes. Jeans? Yes. Dress-up, grown-up clothes? Yes. Big Grin

[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluespawkles's post:
  • OoohShiny
12-19-2014, 07:36 PM,
(12-19-2014, 06:21 PM)OoohShiny Wrote: Oh @Bluespawkles I am in love with these! I am so excited for you, these are a dream strand!

If you get a second can you PM me the vendor details? Not that I *cough* need anymore pearls, I am just so darn impressed!!

Sending now!

[-]
  •
12-19-2014, 07:59 PM,
Wow! I love them! They are gorgeous!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
12-19-2014, 08:36 PM,
wow those are incredible!! Can you also send me the vendor info? I shouldn't be stalking any jewelry online right now as I can't really afford anything at the moment, but those are just so gorgeous!

[-]
  •
12-19-2014, 11:54 PM,
I think I sent everyone the info! With this strand I stalked it for a really long time and it was the only one like it the vendor had. I wasn't going to pull the trigger, but I had another strand I bought a year ago that i was happy with and I hoped this would be a bigger sister version. Sometimes you get lucky sometimes you don't with pearls. I got lucky this time!
@CricketBug thanks I'm glad they are wearable everywhere!
@jenncent thanks! When I got them I was like 'woah these are Jcent sized!' I shall try to wear them as regally as you carry off yours.
@OoohShiny thanks these are definitely nicer than I even expected to own so yes a dream strand!
@MrsK thank you!
@lovedogs I sent it!

[-]
  •
12-20-2014, 12:04 AM,
Smile Don't know why @Bluespawkles but the PM did not come through. Can you pretty please try again? Smile

I get distracted by shiny things