My "THE ONE" (for realz)
[-] The following 1 user Likes SparkleFactor's post:
  • MicheleZ
10-13-2014, 05:01 PM,
My "THE ONE" (for realz)
Okay, LAST thread I will start on this on TFL - promise! But it's amazing what a day off with an empty house will produce. LOL

I had my OMC removed from the other ring, and had a chance to play with everything, try different layouts, etc.

My heart is with a vintage feel, and I really need to stick with that because it's what I am most drawn to for this project, and since there are almost 4cts of OMC/OEC diamonds here, well it wouldn't make sense to try and "modernize" these babies, IMO.

I love this concept for the center, but with double claw prongs vs bezel:
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

With diamonds down the shoulders like these, but the sides engraved:

Here are the stones all laid out; its a slight taper for the side stones ranging from 4.4mm to about 3.6mm; the little pseudo-halo ones are 2.6mm each, and the center is 7.15mm. I am thinking I might bezel the side stones; unsure about the babies. I don't know yet.

Thoughts, feedback, suggestions? Hide

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes OoohShiny's post:
  • KTrencha
10-13-2014, 05:14 PM,
RE: My "THE ONE" (for realz)
My thoughts are that this is awesome, and you can start as many darn posts as you like on here! BighugWink

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
10-13-2014, 05:39 PM,
Wow that's a beautiful design with so many gorgeous diamonds! I Heart your idea!

[-]
  •
10-13-2014, 05:48 PM,
will be breathtaking...

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

*loving all things diamond, old and new, with art deco flare!
[-]
  •
10-13-2014, 06:00 PM,
Thank you ladies! Grouphug Do ya'll think the 2.6s are too big? That's really the only thing I am wavering on. Undecided

[-]
  •
10-13-2014, 06:06 PM,
Love it! I love your posts so keep starting threads! Love those diamonds!

[-]
  •
10-13-2014, 07:13 PM,
Ohhh I really love your inspiration for this piece! I think the 2.6s are a great size for this piece! The stones look proportional and well balanced when you have it laid out! I'm excited to see this come to life and hope it's your forever favorite ring!!!!

[-]
  •
10-13-2014, 07:19 PM,
I think the 2.6s are great! For the sake of discussion/rocking the boat/fun, what about swapping the last 2.6 on each side, for the middle stone in the top and bottom halo? Kwim?

[-]
  •
10-13-2014, 07:29 PM,
(10-13-2014, 07:19 PM)Dancer Wrote: I think the 2.6s are great! For the sake of discussion/rocking the boat/fun, what about swapping the last 2.6 on each side, for the middle stone in the top and bottom halo? Kwim?

I think I know what you mean. Give me a couple mins and lay it out and snap a pic. Wink

[-]
  •
10-13-2014, 07:33 PM,
I have no vision, but that second ring (double prongs) is absolutely gorgeous! I love it!

Your stones are all so beautiful. *happy sigh*