My custom yellow gold ring
[-] The following 1 user Likes always's post:
  • JuBe
03-04-2014, 10:26 AM,
Wink  My custom yellow gold ring
David Klass made this ring and I love it! It has some subtle nods to the Harry Potter series, of which I am a huge fan (I'm 26, btw). The detail on the gallery is the shape of the windows in the Gryffindor common room. There is a Harry Potter quote inside, "After all this time?" In the future, we'll have a wedding band made which will have "Always" inside it. And it's yellow gold, gold for Gryffindor!

It's a sz 4.75, 7mm unenhanced moissy center, 5x3 Forever Brilliant pears, and 2.3mm rounds.

The ring cost $1,145 in total, including the center stone, which SO bought separately on eBay and DK set for no additional charge.

SO hasn't proposed yet, so I snapped pics of it on my right hand and only looked at it through my camera.

Here are some pics Smile
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com! Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com! Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com! Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com! Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com! Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com! Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-04-2014, 10:32 AM,
RE: My custom yellow gold ring by David Klass
Quote:"SO hasn't proposed yet, so I snapped pics of it on my right hand and only looked at it through my camera."

haha aww that's so cute! so the camera is like your in-between man. I can just imagine you positioning the camera just so and closing your eyes while fumbling with the ring from and to its box.

the design is wonderful! and I'm glad it has all the happy references in there for your memory. Smile

[-]
  •
03-04-2014, 10:38 AM,
Lol, I was looking away when I was getting it out of the box and had my phone ready to snap pics. I was tilting my hand all around and looking at it through the camera on my phone screen haha. I do think I needed to at least sorta see it since SO is making me wait. I really want to be patient and wait to see it in real life. I can't wait to be able to wear it out and about!

[-]
  •
03-04-2014, 10:40 AM,
Here's the quote.
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-]
  •
03-04-2014, 10:48 AM,
That is so pretty! I really like the meaning behind it. Do you have any idea when he may propose?

[-]
  •
03-04-2014, 10:55 AM,
I LOVE it and it's in yellow Heart Heart Heart

[-]
  •
03-04-2014, 11:06 AM,
Pretty! I am excited for the proposal story to come Smile

[-]
  •
03-04-2014, 11:08 AM,
That looks beautiful on you! I love how you made it with such special meaning for you. Smile I hope he proposes soon!!!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-04-2014, 11:09 AM,
That is so unique and pretty! Hope your proposal comes sooner than later so you can get that on your finger!! Smile

[-]
  •
03-04-2014, 12:14 PM,
Thanks! I loooove it. SO asked if I could wait "a couple weeks" so he can plan something. I said that's fine, but honestly he should have planned something before now! He has known the ring was bein designed and made for weeks. I think it would have been adorable if he proposed on our 10 yr anniversary, but that won't happen since I'd have to wait for the summer. I would kill him haha.