My first 3 stone and Moissy help?
[-]
  •
08-27-2014, 08:49 AM,
My first 3 stone and Moissy help?
So I have long been an admirer of all of the lovely three stone rings I have seen here and after much coveting decided I too *need* one.

So I have played with a variety of size pairings of rounds but never liked the look on my finger. Cry

Until...I tried it with ovals. For whatever reason I put three ovals on my finger and I don't have the *it looks amazing on everyone else but horribly awkward on me* moment.

So I have decided to do the ring with three ovals. In a trellis setting.
I have "mocked it up" as you can see below. While I love huge overwhelming sparkles in general, on my finger I tend to keep things small (I wear a half carat diamond everyday and thats kind of my ideal size, maybe a little larger) So the sizes I picked out are 6x4s and an 8x6 central.

While the mock up is in silver (because its cheap!) I intend to make the final ring in rose gold. Possible with some engraving on the sides or I might leave it plain and let the stones do the talking...I don't know!

The central stone I am using is a pink gold-bearing tourmaline so its not the sharp pink that you usually think of in a tourmaline it has a peachy or salmony tone to it that I just really love. It reminds me of dusty pink roses. I want to flank that with two white or near white stones. Sparkly ones! Diamonds are a bit out of my price range so I was thinking turning to moissanite. (in the mock up I have used white sapphires but they are just a bit too flat I think)
So, what do you ladies think of oval moissys? Confession here...I don't have any moissy jewelry yet Hide. And I have heard it is all about the round cuts for moissy... Do oval moissy sparkle nicely? I am not looking for bright white so I am not too worried about them showing some warmth though I would def want to avoid any green tones. Though maybe in rose gold more warmth would bother me...I am not sure.

Sorry for the bad iPhone pics...

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Any thoughts or advice are most welcome!!!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
08-27-2014, 08:52 AM,
RE: My first 3 stone and Moissy help?
I love 3 stone ovals! Oval moissy will have quite a bit of body colour though, so as long as you are ok with that, they are a great choice.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
08-27-2014, 10:04 AM,
I love oval 3-stones!!! Banana

If you go moissanite, definitely get the Forever Brilliant stones and know they will have some color as JC said. In a reasonable size (mine were 7x5) it's not bad at all. The sparkle from ovals is more understated than rounds, but the cut is lovely and they sparkle a great deal.

Here is my ring with a deeper pink sapphire:

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!pinksapp3 by EarthDiva, on Flickr[/img]

My only concern would be that your tourmaline is lighter in color and not very saturated and may look a little flat next to the moissanite sides which will sparkle much more. This may not bother or be an issue to you but if you decide on moissy I would buy them and put them together so you can see how they work in real life before setting!

[-]
  •
08-27-2014, 10:10 AM,
I love three stone ovals! I would consider doing a pink moissanite center with white moissanite sides! I think the tourmaline will likely wash out with the brilliance/sparkle of the oval moissanite. You could think about doing a pink sapphire or spinel in the center though that would compliment nicely with moissanite ovals simiarl to @EarthDiva!