My first Asha ... Solitaire?
[-]
  •
10-04-2014, 07:37 AM,
My first Asha ... Solitaire?
It's an OMC and soooo gorgeous in person! Heart I had never seen an Asha before so not sure what to expect, but I really love it! The pictures catch colors that I don't really see in it when looking at it IRL. It is so clear, beautiful and full of chunky flashes that it really looks like a perfect old miner diamond. I am thinking of using this as a travel solitaire and have a couple settings in mind but no decisions yet. Just had to share this little beauty for now.

Outside in indirect light:
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Inside ambient lighting:

Inside ambient lighting, resting in a three stone mounting with 5mm OEC Moissy stones just to see how it might look:

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-04-2014, 08:06 AM,
RE: My first Asha ... Solitaire?
Very pretty! I have an Asha ACC in a pendant mount and I do love it set in a pendant.

[-]
  •
10-04-2014, 08:43 AM,
ooh love it

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

*loving all things diamond, old and new, with art deco flare!
[-]
  •
10-04-2014, 09:05 AM,
I love the shape! So very pretty. Put it in a simple solitaire and wear it to travel, great idea!

[-]
  •
10-04-2014, 02:55 PM,
It looks pretty sweet to me, and I am not usually an Asha fan.
I have to say I adore it plonked in that three stone- yum!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
10-04-2014, 07:11 PM,
Thank you ladies. It really is quite a beautiful stone! It looks just like a perfect OMC diamond ... crisp, clear, and white but with a hint of warmth in H color and a great 8mm in size. It has never been set so it's in perfect condition. And I guess they don't cut these anymore, so it was kind of a must-have for me.

I have a couple styles of rings I really want/like for an antique-ish feeling solitaire. Just gotta decide on one and go from there.

As for the three stone, I am going with a light champagne colored stone for it. I LOVED pinkbow' champagne diamond in this ring, and that is exactly what I want it to be when I reset it (though probably not a diamond ... it'll be a sim of some sort). I have spent all I plan to in diamonds for awhile. And I think I finally have a permanent plan for the JbG OMC that will be amazeballs when it's finished. Smile

[-]
  •
10-11-2014, 08:37 PM,
Just had this out again, looking at and admiring it, and trying to decide what direction to go with it. I freakin' love this stone! Heart