My first lost stone
[-]
  •
04-30-2013, 11:43 PM,
My first lost stone
Well, it was bound to happen eventually, right? Lookee what I did...

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

This is my 2mm Moissy eternity that I just got in November. I've worn similar anniversary bands for 20 years without ever chipping or losing a stone, even though I've put them through hell. Now this one I've been more careful with, and boom, lost stone. Sad

I've done everyday living in this ring, so I am by no means claiming that I baby it. But I've taken it off for heavy duty chores, which I've never done with my anniversary bands. For instance, when we laid a kitchen floor last month, I clicked the 4-inch strips of wood together and rolled out the felt pad underlayment while wearing it, but I did have the forethought to take it off for things that would put pressure on it, like carrying the full boxes and rolling out the stove. You will all cringe, but I never would have thought twice about that with my anniversary bands, and they were upside down far more than right side up, so they took the brunt of my activities anyway.

I'm gonna get this fixed up and then see how it goes. I'm nervous that I can't manage an eternity for the long haul. I never want to go back to a spinning anniversary band again and think I would end up with a non-stone band instead of that crazy making upside down business. But I don't want that -- I want THIS band. I Heart this perfect little band with all I've got. So wish me luck!

The good news is that Amcor made this for me, so I'm in good hands with a repair.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes kangaroocrazy's post:
  • JuBe
05-01-2013, 12:02 AM,
RE: My first lost stone
Well.crapola!!!!!

Get that beauty fixed and wear and enjoy it like u and I do....
Even when we should take them off.

Hey....I say its like the good china..use them.and enjoy them everyday!

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
05-01-2013, 12:10 AM,
OH Hadley, I'm sorry. It does sound like it has held up pretty well so far. I guess I kind of figure it goes with the trade-off of having the prettiness of all those stones. Sort of the no pain, no gain concept applied to sparklies.

Knock on wood, I've been really lucky with all of my micropave in my e-ring, but I know it's going to happen to me as well. I hope you get your ring back super fast. I agree with your decision to stick with that eternity band. The ring spinning issue is intolerable to me as well.

No, I didn't lose my mind. It got scared and ran away.
[-]
  •
05-01-2013, 12:25 AM,
I am sorry. I lost a melee stone from Iris somehow a while ago and I don't even wear her everyday or have had her a full year yet. That is pave for you I guess, but my point is, it happens to the best of us and it sucks.

[-]
  •
05-01-2013, 01:25 AM,
Bummer but I think spinning is worse.

[-]
  •
05-01-2013, 04:48 AM,
Ugh Hadley Disagree Sorry and I'm sure you'll be fixed up in no time. I totally agree, wear rings every day - I do. Knock on wood, I've never had an issue but then again it could be because your stone is bigger than mine in my ring?

[-]
  •
05-01-2013, 06:24 AM,
Oh no! This worries me as I am the same with ring wearing and am looking at pave for my ring. They'll probably check that your other stones are all secure while it's at Amcor...you shouldn't have a worry when it comes back.Smile

[-]
  •
05-01-2013, 06:53 AM,
Oh no! This is one of my fears. I'm sorry you lost one. I hope it gets fixed quickly.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
05-01-2013, 06:53 AM,
Noooooooooo! Ugh it's the worst feeling when you've lost a stone, and you don't even realize it. It has happened with almost ALL my pave rings and more than I would like. I actually don't wear my pave bands as much because the stones just love to fall out especially with the shared prong settings. You're lucky it's the first time it's happened to you though! I am sure it will be a quick fix, and hope that you have it back on your finger soon!

[-]
  •
05-01-2013, 06:54 AM,
sniff - get it fixed! It looks sad....