My incredible milgrain bezel OEC and band in 14K YG from Amcor
[-] The following 3 users Like sparkletiger's post:
  • JuBe, Lorrissey, moissypaws
01-10-2014, 05:54 AM,
Heart  My incredible milgrain bezel OEC and band in 14K YG from Amcor
I got my rings early this morning and...I was blown away. I really had to gasp at how astonishignly beautiful they are.
The OEC - my GOD, it is so amazing, it is unenhanced 6.5mm and not very warm at all, just right. Not white and glassy, just the right kind of depth and it is fiery practically all the time but just with different colour schemes in different lightings. I saw it in sunlight just outside my house and I thought it was going to burn my house down with its fire...Crackup The pattern on it is layered sunflower and a bit like a lotus in the middle. For me it does blow RB out of the water, but I will see how I feel about it after the "honeymoon" period.
The bezel setting is made absolutely beautifully. The bezel itself is very sturdy and wraps roung the girdle beautifully, it is lifted but not too high and milgrain is very very delicate IRL. The shank is about 2mm wide and 2mm deep, so whilst being delicate looking, it is very sturdy and deep. The bezel is very sturdy but the delicate milgrain adds to its femenine feel. The band is very heavy, but I wanted it to be heavy comfort fit and it is. Both the band and the bezel are polished so beautifully, they feel like silk on the finger, so comfortable, in fact, if not for the heafty weight of gold , I would't feel it at all.
I was surprised also that both rings fitted me perfectly in terms of size, which is very rare for me. I am used to getting rings that are either a bit tight, or a tad too big. But this is just perfection.
I took a few initial snaps a little while ago, but will be adding a lot more to this thread! Without further a do:
[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com![/img]
The bottom of the bezel :
The profile:
A lot of people were asking me about this bezel, and just wanted to stress again it is amazeballs HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Just alerting EarthDiva as per her request @EarthDiva - I hope things are going smoothly for you and Bighug

ETA: By the way, in the very first pic, I just noticed it looks like there is milgrain on the shank of the solitare, but that is just the milgrain from the band reflecting. That is how polished it is! To a mirror shine!!!

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 2 users Like Slick's post:
  • LaurieLee, sparkletiger
01-10-2014, 06:44 AM,
RE: My incredible milgrain bezel OEC and band in 14K YG from Amcor
Pure perfection! Great job by Amcor! So happy that you're thrilled with it! That did arrive quickly! Congratulations. Looking forward to many more pictures! Banana

[-] The following 1 user Likes PimpMyRing's post:
  • sparkletiger
01-10-2014, 07:06 AM,
That is really pretty, ST! Love the milgrain and the OEC is gorgeous!

[-] The following 1 user Likes JooJooBee4's post:
  • sparkletiger
01-10-2014, 07:08 AM,
So lovely! I just adore bezels!

[-] The following 1 user Likes MrsK's post:
  • sparkletiger
01-10-2014, 07:11 AM,
So very pretty! I'm glad you love it!

[-] The following 1 user Likes stardust's post:
  • sparkletiger
01-10-2014, 07:20 AM,
Such a pretty set! But that man still kills me! I hope you enjoy it for many years to come. Heart

[-] The following 1 user Likes sparkletiger's post:
  • LaurieLee
01-10-2014, 08:17 AM,
Thank you so much guys, I am over the moon with it Stars

Can't stop staring at the OEC and getting nothing done. I will be back with more pics, photos and videos, but for now duty calls LoveLove

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-] The following 1 user Likes LaurieLee's post:
  • sparkletiger
01-10-2014, 08:28 AM,
Beautiful!!!!!! .. It looks gorgeous on you @sparkletiger
Amcor did a GREAT job! ...Kuddos to Poppyseed and Alb..:-)
Looking forward to more pictures!!!

[-] The following 1 user Likes idahosubaru's post:
  • sparkletiger
01-10-2014, 08:35 AM,
It turned out beautiful! I love your stone and the setting is gorgeous! Is it not the most comfortable thing? I am so glad you love it and your milgrain turned out stunning! Heart

[-] The following 2 users Like EarthDiva's post:
  • Slick, sparkletiger
01-10-2014, 08:36 AM,
@sparkletiger- thank you for this delicious treat - what a wonderful way to wake up, getting to oogle your magnificent new set! The stone is just perfect and the yellow gold??? My friend, it's just decadent and perfect on you! Amcor did a beautiful job! The milgrain is beautiful! I'm so happy for you and will be checking back all day for more pics and videos! The OEC is all kinds of spectacular on your hand and the bezel is the loveliest home for her.

I also think it's so fun that my sister from across the pond and I are able to get such lovely pieces from the same jeweler within just a couple days. It's magic, I tell ya!