My petite OEC moissy in a floral scalloped halo!
[-] The following 2 users Like magpie's post:
  • Rusalka, Sparkly Blonde
04-13-2014, 03:38 PM,
Rainbow  My petite OEC moissy in a floral scalloped halo!
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
Can you find her? LOL! I promise I don't usually store jewelry in a jumble like this. Wink It just seemed like a good photo op, because my jewelry photography skills are... rudimentary, to put it nicely.

In any case, meet my first moissanite ring. I'm sure I'll get around to posting pics of some of my other jewelry sooner or later, but this one begs to be shared! I worked with Julia B. on Etsy to make this ring come to life. It was a very pleasant shopping/jewelry creation experience, and I'm a chatty, indecisive sort of customer. The ring looks dainty and graceful, but also well made... it holds up well in macro photos, and nothing looked wonky under my loupe. If I land a good job after my current gig, I'm going to celebrate by buying another ring from her... I have my eyes on the buttercup-set spess garnet, so hands off guys, hahaha.

The scalloped floral airline halo design is inspired largely by this antique (ca. 1890!) ring that Single Stone creates lots of reproductions of. Julia's rendition feels a bit more modern with the sleeker, more streamlined design - especially that completely open undergallery! I bet this setting would look amazing with a colored center stone.

For you fiends that love stats, the center stone is a 6mm OEC unenchanced moissanite, and the halo contains 0.2 carats of G-H VS2 clarity diamonds. It's set in 14k rose and white gold. This ring is size 5.25. I completely failed to catch any fire in these photos, but this ring is seriously sparkly! The diamonds glitter rainbows and the OEC flashes big iridescent chunks of pastel and primary colored fire. It's just wonderful to behold.

The unenchanced OEC, even at this relatively petite size, is very buttery colored in most lights. The rose gold bezel may or may not warm it up, but the white colored diamonds in white gold certainly create contrast. I like it - adds character!

I usually wear it on my middle finger, left hand, or my right hand ring finger. This is not an engagement ring. But gosh, is it going to be tough finding an e-ring that'll outshine this lovely thing.
Bunny

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-13-2014, 03:39 PM,
RE: My petite OEC moissy in a floral scalloped halo!
Wow!!!

There's broke....and then there is whatever I am...*cry*
[-]
  •
04-13-2014, 03:49 PM,
Love it. It looks so at home on your finger!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
04-13-2014, 03:59 PM,
That is absolutely stunning!

[-]
  •
04-13-2014, 04:12 PM,
That is so beautiful and original. I truly love it! So dainty and feminine yet it has awesome presence.

[-]
  •
04-13-2014, 05:08 PM,
It's very very pretty!! Congrats.

[-]
  •
04-13-2014, 05:17 PM,
So pretty and feminine!! I love the scallopy edge.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-13-2014, 05:56 PM,
Pretty!! This is so delicate!! Love it!

[-]
  •
04-13-2014, 06:06 PM,
It's lovely! Welcome to the world of moissy. Smile

[-]
  •
04-13-2014, 06:11 PM,
Thanks for all the nice comments, everybody! It means a lot coming from classy ladies with amazing taste in jewelry! Bighug

I need to get a family portrait together of this ring with my other moissy pieces - I also have a bezel pendant, and a pair of martini studs. The earrings and pendant are great, but the wonderful thing about rings is getting to stare at them all the time, everywhere, in all kinds of lighting... which is especially fun with a moody stone like this OEC!