My super (not so) sad (anymore) true pearl story
[-]
  •
06-13-2013, 05:04 PM,
My super (not so) sad (anymore) true pearl story
Does anyone like my pun on the book title?

Anyhooo, obviously I'm all about pearla-palooza around here. While I think classic pearls are gorgeous, I really love funky shapes/colors. I've been searching and drooling and changing my mind....

Lorri and Idaho inspired me to take a chance and order something that was a bit of a gamble. I thought they both had great outcomes and they ordered from Chinese ebay vendors, right? I found this lady on Etsy who lives in the U.S. She was really nice and answered my questions. She said she was in China for a while and that's where she got the pearls (I figured it accounted for the prices). I also thought her prices were low because she was a new vendor and wanted to get her ratings up. I knew I was buying a cheaper set of pearls so they wouldn't be the best quality. I figured she embellished and the luster would be lower, dimples, maybe even a dent of a scratch. I ordered a strand of fireballs from her. I thought: they're organic looking, imperfections could be cool.

Um so yeah, they came COVERED in glue. I guess she was trying to cover up damage to the pearls. They're bead nucleated so when that glue chips off, I don't even know what's going to happen. So a gross misrepresentation of the product. The photos show none of this and there is no mention of it.

I sent her two sad messages, she's not replying to me. Can I just get my money back through PayPal? I took pics, which I'll post of course. Let me fight with Photobucket for a few minutes.

Don't look her up on etsy because I don't want her following the internet traffic here........ Dodgy

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I want theseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
06-13-2013, 05:07 PM,
RE: My super sad true pearl story
Oh man MS I'm so sad for you Sad that's just awful!

Pearl pressure is a terrible thing...for my wallet.
[-]
  •
06-13-2013, 05:13 PM,
Wow that is horrible! I think you can dispute the charge with paypal - not sure how to do that though.

[-]
  •
06-13-2013, 05:25 PM,
wow... that SUCKS! I would file a claim with paypal. You can stop the claim if she starts to work with you again. But since she is silent, I would start a claim and make sure you protect yourself.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
06-13-2013, 05:27 PM,
oh dear... that's awful. and yes, please do start the PayPal dispute.

[-]
  •
06-13-2013, 05:28 PM,
Jenn, I started a claim, I actually don't even really trust her to give me the refund to be honest. I read online that you shouldn't hesitate to escalate the claims. I'll wait a day or two (I want to be within her return window too, it's 7 days). I have photos as proof, I think Paypal would side with me........

[-]
  •
06-13-2013, 05:35 PM,
If paypal sides with you, they will just take the money from her. And I would not close the claim until she has paid you. Once started you are good. She has to respond to PP now. If she does not, they will just side with you, no matter what.

Now that it is started though, you don't have to worry about her 7 days etc.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
06-13-2013, 05:39 PM,
(06-13-2013, 05:35 PM)jenncent Wrote: If paypal sides with you, they will just take the money from her. And I would not close the claim until she has paid you. Once started you are good. She has to respond to PP now. If she does not, they will just side with you, no matter what.

Now that it is started though, you don't have to worry about her 7 days etc.

Does that mean they wouldn't necessarily refund me, but just take it from her account?

[-]
  •
06-13-2013, 05:40 PM,
That is terrible!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
06-13-2013, 05:44 PM,
Thanks ladies, it's annoying. I loved the original photos, she seemed really nice and knowledgeable. Part of me is like, well if I'm stuck with them can I just turn them to the non-glue side? But that's crazy right, cause that garbage is going to fall off and the pearls will probably start to peel or something. I just liked them so much and all her other reviews were positive.......... Dodgy