My ultimate blue spawkle
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bluespawkles's post:
  • MicheleZ
01-26-2014, 06:58 PM,
My ultimate blue spawkle
This is it. My ultimate blue spawkle. There are many beautiful blue spawkles, but this is the one for me. I can't believe I've had this a month and not posted pics. It's kind of a very special ring to me, and so I guess I was hoarding it. It's also the reason I've been so pearl obsessed. After making a lot of rings, I was a little worried that I would never have a forever ring. But this is it. Other sparkles are beautiful and fun to look at, but this is the one. I wouldn't change a thing. It is a one of a kind incredible blue moissy with my dream setting. Schubach's made it custom for me and I love it so much.
Last year I got a sky blue moissy, but it's a very light blue, and I wanted something a bit more blue, so I emailed to see if Schubach's had any more Centola blues. They only had one in the size I wanted. I wanted a straight 1 ct. They said it was kind of purple and I was floored when they sent pics and a video because this stone is one of a kind and perfect for me.

Intense blue and purple flashes throughout. It's purple along the edges and sky blue in the center, though it ranges from sky blue to lavender to dark blue to teal with purple edges. But it's mostly purple edges with a blue center. This moissy is the epitome of moody, and I love it in all moods.

The lotus style setting gives it a lot of finger coverage and I think it's just right on my hand. The fact that it is a lotus has a lot of meaning for me, so it's a very personal ring.
So anyway, after this, no blue sparkle will ever be bluer or sparklier for Bluespawkles. Thanks to Schubach's!

Size 7, 14k white gold, treated Centola blue moissy 6.5mm. Width of flower is about 11mm side to side and top to bottom.

Here are some shots. I'm no great photographer with my iphone, but I did do some videos that show hand proportions and some different lighting. Much sparklier in person, but I think I captured the color well.
Sorry, HUGE pics.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Hubby's pinky

Shiny Target light and other people's children making weird noises...or crying

Patient hubby holding bags while I examine it in dim light near the outside doors

Dim indoor light

Trying to show how it turns navy at night, but then the dome light in our car faded and it did this cool 'night sparkle' thing. We've had threads about whether diamonds could throw sparkle late at night and this proves they can I guess.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 07:05 PM,
RE: My ultimate blue spawkle
oh wow!!! You videos are gorgeous! The stone is so lively, and your setting looks fabulous on your hand! Congrats and enjoy!!!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 07:08 PM,
That is so gorgeous! Just a beautiful ring and very special design!

Now I want a blue moissy! @jenncent - Any 6 or 6.5mm's?

[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 07:10 PM,
Pretty!!! I love blue!! What a special setting! I love the floral inspiration!

[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 07:15 PM,
That's so beautiful on you. What a great color stone! You're forgiven for hoarding it, thank you for sharing now. Love the setting! Enjoy! Applause

[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 07:37 PM,
Oh my goodness! So very beautiful :-)

[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 07:56 PM,
That is beautiful! I love blue!

[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 08:10 PM,
It's beautiful and looks beautiful on your hand Smile

[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 08:21 PM,
That is really special. I love the lotus, and I also love your nailpolish, which looks identical to the watermelon coloured shellac on my nails at present!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 08:22 PM,
I love the gradient color effect throughout the blue moissy! The substantial lotus blossom setting is very striking too. And it makes me happy to hear that your custom project resulted in the *perfect* ring for you! Stars