My very first moissy OEC! Need ering ideas!
[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 04:55 PM,
My very first moissy OEC! Need ering ideas!
OK that's enough! I've seen so many of your beautiful oec moissy rings that I just need one for myself. I'm in a dilemma though, and I just don't know how to solve it so I figured who better to ask that my sparkle sisters Sleepy Hubby is tired of the questions anyway Tongue

So, I've got 2 rose gold 14k diamond eternity bands for my wedding rings. I just bought an AG in F color, and a rose gold trellis setting to go with it. Great right? No matchy problems, all will be fine. Yeah... except I've never seen the AG and I'm already wiggin' out that it won't be the sparkle dance I love so much of moissy. That and I'm feeling like it'll be too big... and I'm feeling guilty over spending so much $ on a rock when I should be saving for a house.

So in my Sunday sleepy brain glory, I just go right on ahead and buy an unenhanced OEC moissy. Just cause. Sparkle. I'm a sparkle dancer, I need something to dance with right? I'm worried that I'll be screwing myself on the feeling guilty over spending $ on jewelry and end up keeping both rather than sell the AG... ah well let's not worry about that, on with the planning Big Grin

So. The 14k rose gold, diamond wedding bands are staying. I'm not a matchy match girl, I'd really prefer something unique, pretty, organic, rustic, antique.. hopefully you get the idea. But I'm worried the unenhanced oec will look all kinds of green next to rose gold, and diamonds (you know how your eyes immediately look to near colors to match stuff?) so I'm thinking hmm.. do I set the oec in yellow gold? Or white gold? Do I surround it with a halo of moissys? Or will melee moissy next to diamond melee just look bad? I'm not a fan of mis-match prongs though I do see them serve a great purpose! I'm totally fine with my oec showing warmth, it's the green tint I'm trying to not bring out with the rose gold. At least my rose gold rings pretty much hide the rose gold part since they're eternity.

Ahhhh ok on with the photo of what I'm working with! Any ideas welcome, especially the wild ones!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 05:08 PM,
RE: My very first moissy OEC! Need ering ideas!
My unenhanced is not green in any way. Got it from @poppyseed and Amcor. It is bezel set in rose gold and I know some others have unenhanced set in yellow or rose gold around here.

I am excited to see your stones!!!!

[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 05:13 PM,
My OEC doesn't show any green either. You could set it in rose or yellow gold with white gold prongs. When I had moissanite set it rose gold, it didn't look green... It did appear a little warmer though.

[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 05:21 PM,
Yipee! All good news! Big Grin I can't wait for them to get here either Big Grin

[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 05:23 PM,
I have an unenhanced in RG too and there is no green Smile

[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 05:31 PM,
My unenhanced is in rose gold and there is no green :-)

[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 06:04 PM,
I've had several in varying sizes and no green Smile

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 06:53 PM,
So you all say set it in rose gold then? Ooo I hope I get a good stone!!

[-]
  •
01-26-2014, 07:12 PM,
I love Rose Gold, but all the golds are pretty :-)

[-] The following 3 users Like idahosubaru's post:
  • CricketBug, Slick, sparkletiger
01-26-2014, 07:15 PM,
Gratuitous unenhanced OEC in rose gold pic

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!