My yummy rosie sparkle is here
[-] The following 2 users Like Dancer's post:
  • JuBe, moissypaws
02-03-2014, 06:08 PM,
My yummy rosie sparkle is here
Oooo dat rose gold! My new ring arrived today! I bought the rose gold setting from Homeschooling 4 stars and the amoragem that was on the bistro. Both were sent to Amcor where they were put together, resized and sent on to me. Quick stats, my eternity bands are diamond and 14k rose gold, not sure what color/clarity as I bought them off ebay. The AG is IF and F color, which I worried about looking too similar to a CZ in being too white, or too clear, but it doesn't look like a cz to me at all. It's got much more depth, the facets are clear, and it's got that sharp clearness that diamonds have. It's totally gawjuss, and what I expected but at the same time more than I expected. It really does have more fire/rainbows in real life than I could see on vid, which I'm happy about. What sparkle dancer wants a bright white flashy stone with no rainbows to dance with? Banana

OK, on to the photos! The sun came out to play a little bit today, but I have that lame UV tint on my windows that all condos seem to have, so most of my pics have a bluey/greeny haze (3 out of 5 of these ones have it) and it makes the amora look more moissanite-like than it does in real life.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

You can see, the AG is really picking up the rose gold color which I loooove (I'm a warm diamond lover)

This one is neat because it shows the facets look clear in the middle, but on the side you can see the double refractiveness. I'm all science geek about stones.

This one is just to show the whole set together <3<3<3

I had done a photo like this against the sun with my diamond and I wanted to compare the AG to that pic to see if the facets look the same (I since sold that diamond) and bang on, looks the same!

I've made a few vids, I'll try to figure out how to upload them somewhere to share Smile Hope any of these pics help or are at least fun, there just aren't too many pics out there of the AG yet and definitely not in rose gold! Smile

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-03-2014, 06:16 PM,
RE: My yummy rosie sparkle is here
Oh it looks gorgeous! I love your stone. Drool!! That stone looks right at home in the setting. I am so glad you got it :-) Totally beautiful!

[-]
  •
02-03-2014, 06:18 PM,
This is amazing @sparkledancer. It looks so at home on your hand! The photos are so clear and HD I feel like the ring is here with me to touch!!!!!! Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

[-]
  •
02-03-2014, 06:41 PM,
@SparkleDancer - wowee! Your AG is perfection in that setting! I wish I could take clear macro shots as well as you have. The second close up image you have taken is just amazing. I did a crap job of taking photos of my AG when I got it and have since given up! Its plenty beautiful to look at IRL though

[-]
  •
02-03-2014, 06:44 PM,
Great photos! I love your set. It so pretty! I think it's so cool how you can see the double refraction in the 3rd pic.

[-]
  •
02-03-2014, 06:56 PM,
What a gorgeous set and I love your pics! Wow!!!

[-]
  •
02-03-2014, 06:57 PM,
Very fab set!!! It looks perfect on you! You can see the double refraction in the first pic too. That is fun to see, I have not ever been able to capture it.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
02-03-2014, 07:05 PM,
Thank you everyone Smile It was fun playing photographer today with it, I think I spent more time looking at it through a camera than on it's own! For anyone curious, all these shots were taken with my iphone5, and shot 2 and 3 were shot with my olloclip iphone macro lens Smile I swear that thing only sees the light of day when I get new sparklies (which does not happen enough)!

@Homeschooling 4 Stars - Thanks again for letting me but just the setting! It's a perfect match to my bands Smile

@ JooJooBee4 - Thanks JJB! Gotta love macro Smile

@Becleeham Yours were the only pics I could find of the AG in rose gold and gave me hope, so thank you for posting them!!

@MrsK - I thought you might like it, since we both love RG so much Big Grin

@EarthDiva - Thank you! The pics leave much to the imagination believe it or not!

@jenncent - I was surprised when the macro lens was capturing the double refraction through the side, and at the same time the clearness through the top!

[-]
  •
02-03-2014, 07:11 PM,
This is just gorgeous! I love the setting and the AG! It makes me have hopes for an AG someday! It looks so beautiful on your hand!

BananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBanana

[-]
  •
02-03-2014, 07:15 PM,
Congratulations! That is a beautiful setting showcasing a gorgeous stone! I love it all together! I'm kinda geeky too, so I get the science fun of it Hide perfection!