NEW RB FB Moissanite 7mm on size 5.25 finger
[-]
  •
10-25-2014, 07:04 PM,
NEW RB FB Moissanite 7mm on size 5.25 finger
Hello Ladies!!

I'm so thrilled to be able to share this post. First a quick background on my choice: my parents were jewelers who dislike the diamond industry. I've owned many diamonds and seen hundreds, if not thousands of them. I'm a former diamond snob. Even though I knew they were overpriced and the diamond industry wasn't squeeky clean, The Atlantic article was still very eye opening for me. I firmly believe everyone should read it before buying a diamond, if they still feel good about the decision then they have my blessing.

Now with all that said I am NOT a diamond hater by any means. My wedding ring is a diamond eternity band. The funds became available for me to buy my dream diamond: 1.25 ct, GIA J, VS1, Ideal cut with faint to medium flourecents, triple EX. But I just couldn't do it. My husband and I have a young daughter, are talking about having another baby and moving to another state. I am all about getting a lot for a little with our money and the idea of handing over $5K cash for a sparkly rock that is solely for my own pleasure and does nothing for my family made me feel extremely uncomfortable.

After seeing my first moissy I must say I do not see myself purchasing any more diamonds. The minor differences in appearance and being able to say I own a "diamond" don't justify the large cost difference for me personally.

(I did not write the above with the intention to offend anyone, only to share my own thoughts and experiences, so I genuinely hope no one takes the above the wrong way!)

I ordered a 7mm FB OEC from Beth at Schubach's, but at the last minute I asked her to include a 7mm FB RB that has this "new" cut we keep hearing about. I fully expected to hate the RB and love the OEC. Turns out I'm completely in love with this new RB cut. Beth did say it's the best batch she's ever seen, which is kind of amazing in itself! I did not see green, yellow, or the weird splintery cut. Nor does my stone have a dark center, which was my biggest concern and for me the biggest "giveaway" in moissy vs. diamond pics/videos.

I'm totally in love! Here are pics in all kinds of different lightning situations. I really wanted to focus on showing you guys the cut. I will say it was really hard to photograph and in 80% of these pics my moissy looked much better IRL.

I really want to help anyone who's on the moissy fence so if anyone has any questions please let me know!!

Crappy yellow lighting in my kitchen at night:
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com![/URL]

In the same lighting on the blue stone packaging paper:
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Same: (Excuse the streak in the middle, obviously I'm habing a hard time putting it down!)

Still in the kitchen, center wasn't dark IRL:

Harsh blue/white lighting in a white bathroom:

Same, but a close up:

Same:

Natural light by a window:

Same, just stepped back a few feet:

Showroom lighting, profile shot, NOT flat!!:

Another of the same:

Showroom lighting:

Look at the pretty rainbows! Still in the showroom:

It will be going into this 14K white gold Tiffany repo setting:

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-25-2014, 07:07 PM,
RE: NEW RB FB Moissanite 7mm on size 5.25 finger
So beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pics and your review! Love the classic setting too!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-25-2014, 07:26 PM,
(10-25-2014, 07:07 PM)MrsK Wrote: So beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pics and your review! Love the classic setting too!

Thanks @MrsK! Can't wait to get it when it's all done!!

[-]
  •
10-25-2014, 07:30 PM,
I hope it's done quickly. I know waiting stinks.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-25-2014, 07:36 PM,
So exciting and Classic! Thanks for the review. I also hope your wait is short! It's beautiful!

[-]
  •
10-25-2014, 08:04 PM,
Thanks for the pics and reciew Smile I'm doing the same thing with Beth right now, ordered one and oh, can you throw in another totslly different stone too? Haha!

[-]
  •
10-25-2014, 08:18 PM,
That is a really gorgeous stone!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
10-25-2014, 08:19 PM,
I have a question for you. I assume when you say new cut you are referring to the smaller table and larger crown and not the hearts and arrows that C & C did for about a minute and a half? If I am correct, how does that take away the "splintery" look that Moissy is known for? Your stone looks absolutely stunning and I'm tempted to get one if it is appreciably different from the old FB. Can you elaborate a bit as to why this cut is so much better? I need another moissy like I need a hole in my head, but it's really got me wanting one. Thanks and enjoy that beauty.

[-]
  •
10-25-2014, 08:34 PM,
Ooooo, it looks good! Thank you for sharing the pictures. Smile

[-]
  •
10-25-2014, 08:55 PM,
(10-25-2014, 08:19 PM)Barlan Wrote: I have a question for you. I assume when you say new cut you are referring to the smaller table and larger crown and not the hearts and arrows that C & C did for about a minute and a half? If I am correct, how does that take away the "splintery" look that Moissy is known for? Your stone looks absolutely stunning and I'm tempted to get one if it is appreciably different from the old FB. Can you elaborate a bit as to why this cut is so much better? I need another moissy like I need a hole in my head, but it's really got me wanting one. Thanks and enjoy that beauty.

Since I never owned one of the older cuts I really can't tell you. I hate the H & A cut for both moissy and diamonds. This is technically just a fresh bach of RB FB. I really can't say what exactly they did differently, other than what you said. The crown is definitely higher, table is smaller and the faceting is just totally different.I feel like I've seen every RB pic available online and this is the prettiest I've ever seen Smile I'd have Beth pick you one!