Need help with earring setting ideas for diamonds
[-]
  •
12-03-2015, 05:40 PM,
Need help with earring setting ideas for diamonds
So, I bought a pair of earrings from Jbeg, and I love the stones. They are modern cut diamonds and sparkly, not ideal but very nice. The only problem is they come with screw backs, which hurt my ears way bad. Though, since they are 6mm diamonds, I do want them to be secure. I'm planning to send them to Schubach's and have them put them in some kind of setting once I decide what I want. I am thinking half moon bezels but I would love ideas. I just want something beautiful and can basically do anything with them. 
I would also know what you all do for secure earring backs that are not screw backs. The screw backs take forever to put in and the posts are far too wide and hurt my ears.
Also, I have a beautiful pair of oec moissanites that I plan to send at the same time to get mounted. They came from a ring that someone remounted, and are too gorgeous to sit around. Maybe I should set one pair dangles and one pair as studs? Ideas? Halp!

Pics!
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
12-03-2015, 05:42 PM,
RE: Need help with earring setting ideas for diamonds
Whoops double post!

[-]
  •
12-03-2015, 06:02 PM,
I love the half moon bezels, with jumbo backs! I think the locking backs are the most secure though. I always touch my ears to make sure my jumbo backs are still snug.

What size are the OECs? I like the dangle idea, but I can't wear them with kids, so I don't have many ideas saved for them. but if I had 2 sets of stones, I would so a big halo on one set, so they looked massive on my ears, lol. I want the look of 10 or 11mm on my ears, but I think in a single stone it would look too fake.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
12-03-2015, 06:03 PM,
The OECs are 6. The diamonds are more like 5.8. Yeah....I have two similar sizes of stones. No kids here though.

[-]
  •
12-03-2015, 06:10 PM,
Well, if you find dangles you like, or a design that you want to make, that would be pretty! I love how dangles move and throw sparkles all over. I would still halo them though, lol.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
12-03-2015, 07:50 PM,
Locking backs are the way to go for security and, because I've already lost one of a pair of diamond earrings made from my husband's grandmother's jewellery, I also wear silicone backs of the kind you can buy at Claire's. In effect, I wear two backs to be doubly sure.

[-]
  •
12-03-2015, 08:31 PM,
Are they the 1.72 ctw on her page on hold? If so, I'm Jealous!!

[-]
  •
12-03-2015, 08:37 PM,
(12-03-2015, 08:31 PM)Ringo865 Wrote: Are they the 1.72 ctw on her page on hold?  If so, I'm Jealous!!

I think so! though, why they say they are on hold, I don't know lol! I have had them for a month I think?

@mmascall That is a good idea! I will get some of those silicone things, whatever I do. I'm sorry you lost a special diamond.

[-]
  •
12-04-2015, 12:21 AM,
Half moon bezel= excellent idea. I would do some drops with the moissy, or maybe halo them?

Big vote for locking backs. Love 'em, never have to worry.

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
12-04-2015, 11:15 AM,
I had the Brian Gavin Bezels, which are similar to the half moon; I didn't like how flat they looked on my ears. I also can't wear screw backs, but I found that locking backs or protektor hurt my ears too, due to the posts being thicker. I guess, I prefer a heavy duty friction backs.