Need opinions / help
[-]
  •
12-19-2013, 01:36 AM,
Need opinions / help
Oh ladies. How I have missed you all.

my diamond sitting in a box has become completely unbearable. I am currently wearing a plain old chunky silver band on my wedding finger because I have smashed up my moissy eternity; my diamond is in a box; my keyhole is about to go to DK to have a ruby put into the centre.. and.. oh I do still have my 8mm round brilliant moissy wedding set but havent been wearing it too much lately. Too much time in the gym.

I am still so undecided on what to do with my diamond but I MISS HER SO BAD. The issue at the moment is hubby and I are about to start trying for bubbas!! I am on my fitness overhaul from January - April and then once April hits and my private maternity cover kicks in it's ON! I am so excited but it means all sparkle plans are on hold.
Cry

I have seen a setting made by LOTG - its really pretty. It is not a forever setting but it's very well priced and could be enough to get me by for the next 12 months while I decide on the custom setting of my dreams..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-5mm-Round-Cut-...TQ:US:1123

I figured I would upgrade the diamonds so they don't have carbon spots. Its the same design as my moissy semi mount thats chipped to bits.

What do you think?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
12-19-2013, 07:58 AM,
RE: Need opinions / help
I was just wondering the other day where you had been! You have been missed.

I think the LOGR is pretty. The price is right. It would probably hold you over for a year while you plan. Are you sure you don't want to save the money and put it towards a forever setting though?

What happened to your moissy eternity?

[-]
  •
12-19-2013, 08:31 AM,
Welcome back! I like the setting but MrsK is right. That would be a good bit toward a beautiful setting! And how did you mash up your moissy ring?

[-]
  •
12-19-2013, 08:35 AM,
@Frosty! We have missed ya!! I agree with MrsK & Idaho.. I think that is a good chunk that you could use towards your forever setting. Have you thought about a simple solitaire to tide you over perhaps then you could have fun with stackers and playing dress up Smile PLUS after you have your forever setting you can either sell the solitaire setting or pop another stone in there like a colored one!!!

[-]
  •
12-19-2013, 11:08 AM,
I totally get ya. My ACC is sitting, not even in the same country as me, but sitting and it is making me insane. I am in the same place as you, as just wanting to wear it, even if that means a cheaper temp setting. Even a plain gold setting will be $300 minimum, so I kinda think the $550 is not a bad price if you will get a year out if it, and it brings you happiness, I would do it.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
12-19-2013, 06:24 PM,
Nice simple solitaire ... would that tide you over?
$550 is a lot to spend when it could be a good chunk towards your new dream ring?

[-]
  •
12-20-2013, 04:07 AM,
I am inclined to agree with waiting, $550 is a chunk of moolah that could be put towards a forever, no compromise, dreamy setting.

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
12-20-2013, 03:28 PM,
$550 is quite a bit for something temporary, and it will be a bit more if you do upgrade the diamonds. Have you checked American Set for a simple temporary setting?

[-]
  •
12-20-2013, 03:30 PM,
@jenncent I so admire your patience in waiting and saving for that one and only setting - regal setting to home in that beautiful ACC..

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • mrsmay07
12-20-2013, 04:13 PM,
LOL, funny you should say that. My patience is up, and I am making a temp solitaire. Crackup

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries