Need some feedback on a custom design please
[-]
  •
03-13-2013, 01:24 AM,
Need some feedback on a custom design please
Ok, I'll let the pics speak. I'd love some feedback Smile

This is sort of a graduated halo. The halo would be 2mm at the largest area, tapering to whatever would make it look like the inspiration. The ring would be roughly 11.5mm x 12.5mm. I would change the band to something more dainty.

I will not keep the shank from the inspiration, just the halo.

This is photoshopped with my actual sapphire. It's actual size of the ring and stone.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I would incorporate this design for the gallery. It would follow the cushion shape of the halo, including where the bigger stones are. I would make the shank from the same design, using the marquise area toward the top of the shank. I've adored this gallery for 10 years, but am not crazy for round halos, so I'm excited about making this work with this ring.

I would use a rounded euroshank like this, but it will be heavily engraved.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-13-2013, 01:58 AM,
RE: Need some feedback on a custom design please
I super dig the halo stones that taper out at 12-3-6-9 o'clock. Assuming you're going to graduate the four points out, not pop them out from a halo that's otherwise all uniform... super dig!!

Here's my concern. You have this combination:
- blue center
- white graduated halo
- bella gallery swirls
- engraved shank

I'm worried that this will be kind of busy all together. I wonder if 3 of the 4 would be less visually confusing? Could you either extend the engraving or some milgrain into the gallery instead of the swirls? Or make the shank smooth like the finish on the gallery swirls?

Maybe my concerns have no basis and it's just a matter of my brain being unable to pull all of this together in my mind's eye. If I could see a photo of the whole thing together, I would maybe wonder what I was worried about because it's perfect.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
03-13-2013, 04:14 AM,
I'm loving it! The graduated halo is amazing, if you don't engrave the shank it will just be plain? As in no side stones? Then I would do the engraving! I think it will balance the halo. Yay! Obviously you HAVE to have that under gallery Smile

[-]
  •
03-13-2013, 05:15 AM,
I LOVE the halo, I've never seen one like that. I also think maybe a plain shank without the engraving might work a little better but I also like the thought of the engraving. Yeah...I'm no help. I do love what you have planned though! Smile

[-]
  •
03-13-2013, 06:48 AM,
I'd have to see the CAD lol

[-]
  •
03-13-2013, 08:47 AM,
I love that the halo is a bit unique! Beautiful! I love your ideas..can't wait to see this one come to fruition!

Are you planning pave diamonds running the shank as in the sample halo OR are you just intending to engrave? I wasn't completely clear on this.

[-]
  •
03-13-2013, 09:28 AM,
I love the halo design and I love how your stone recut turned out, but you kinda lost me on all the other aspects.

I almost think that a daintier under gallery would look better than the Bella one. I feel like it will be too bulky and you'll lose focus of the cool halo. Kwim?

[-]
  •
03-13-2013, 09:48 AM,
I actually do no think it will be busy at all. The gallery is only viewable if you are looking for it...and engraving in real life is not as in your face as it seems in pics. I do prefer the u cut pave shank with the halo though. The marquise shape I love to, but it will be bright cut pave there because of the "walls", and then the halo will be u cut or cut down, and I do not like mixing pave types like that.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-13-2013, 07:33 PM,
(03-13-2013, 01:24 AM)blessedmamato3 Wrote: Ok, I'll let the pics speak. I'd love some feedback Smile

This is sort of a graduated halo. The halo would be 2mm at the largest area, tapering to whatever would make it look like the inspiration. The ring would be roughly 11.5mm x 12.5mm. I would change the band to something more dainty.

I will not keep the shank from the inspiration, just the halo.

This is photoshopped with my actual sapphire. It's actual size of the ring and stone.

I would incorporate this design for the gallery. It would follow the cushion shape of the halo, including where the bigger stones are. I would make the shank from the same design, using the marquise area toward the top of the shank. I've adored this gallery for 10 years, but am not crazy for round halos, so I'm excited about making this work with this ring.

I would use a rounded euroshank like this, but it will be heavily engraved.

Since the ring is custom, there are no limitations but there must be balance! I own the Bella and LOVE it!!! I also like the stones on the halo to be all the same size, I think the graduating stones on the halo would make it look contemporary in relation to the gallery.
If you like the Bella ring, I would just have it made the same without the diamonds on the shank, and the halo in the shape of your stone of course. LOL. If you need the exact dimensions of the Bella, just send me a PM. I can measure for you.

"Don't worry, be happy!"
[-]
  •
03-13-2013, 07:42 PM,
I LOVE the graduated halo with it being most pronounced at 12,3,6,9!!! WHY didn't I think of this when I had my ring made??? Ugh, the amazing ideas people come up with around here just never ends!!

I really love how it gives it an antique feel. I honestly am jealous I did not think of this! I am very happy for you & I can't wait to see this ring!

No, I didn't lose my mind. It got scared and ran away.