New Idea
[-]
  •
05-22-2013, 06:59 PM,
New Idea
So.... I've been going back and forth on this YG ring.... and I have a new idea.

I like the final CADs that DK sent:

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

But my biggest concern has been the diamond not getting enough light since it's not the best stone. It's bright and sparkly, but there's visible inclusions and now that I've been spoiled with Jules... I think it might bug me.

So what if I use the 6mm ACC I just got instead of the princess???

and put the princess into simple bezel pendant <-- like I'd originally planned, but I'll probably just find a simple stock setting for it.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-22-2013, 07:06 PM,
RE: New Idea
Would you set the ACC baseball diamond set like the princess?

[-]
  •
05-22-2013, 07:27 PM,
Ohhhhh good idea!!

[-]
  •
05-22-2013, 07:28 PM,
Oh and did you get them heat enhanced? I think you said yes, but if not make sure you bake them!

[-]
  •
05-22-2013, 07:46 PM,
(05-22-2013, 07:06 PM)idahojeep Wrote: Would you set the ACC baseball diamond set like the princess?

Not sure. Was just thinking about that on my drive home.

[-]
  •
05-22-2013, 07:47 PM,
(05-22-2013, 07:28 PM)Olivejuice Wrote: Oh and did you get them heat enhanced? I think you said yes, but if not make sure you bake them!

Yes, they are heated.

[-]
  •
05-22-2013, 08:42 PM,
I like the princess cut!! They do sparkle tons on their own too!!

[-]
  •
05-22-2013, 09:18 PM,
(05-22-2013, 08:42 PM)JooJooBee4 Wrote: I like the princess cut!! They do sparkle tons on their own too!!

You know.... It's been so long since I've seen it. Haha. I did actually choose this stone out of my moms plethora of *larger* stones because it was the whitest and brightest and sparkliest. So you may be right. And I may be over thinking.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Hadley's post:
  • Dragonfly
05-22-2013, 10:55 PM,
Hmmmm. I like the princess cut because I know it has sentimental value and because it will be durable for you over time. And I can't say definitively because I don't have an image to compare, but I suspect that the princess is a nicer compliment to the setting, since Wink's cushions tend to be pretty rounded.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
05-22-2013, 11:17 PM,
I would stick with the princess in this setting. I feel like the softer edges on the cushion will get lost in the setting, where as this setting really highlights the princess shape. I love the contrast between the straight lines of the princess and the softness of the halo.